• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ReptilesEXPRESS Launched!

TripleMoonsExotic

I <3 Stripes!
reptilesexpress.jpg

I had hinted around a few weeks ago about this new UPS reptile shipping service and it's now been made live!

While they won't require package testing, they will call to verify the account and that the new member knows how to ship properly.

Some key features not offered by some other companies...

...on every order, we will provide a PDF file of our Live Animal Waiver that you can print out and include with your shipment...There will be a ReptilesExpress contact number for them to call if they have any questions...

...you will only be given one chance...If you violate Reptile Express's shipping guidelines, you will be permanently removed from the program...

That's cool. I wish in the About Us section they had revealed who "Us" is...I'd like to know who is behind the company.

Let us know how it goes, Robbie.

Their website looks good. So we can definitely ship snakes via this service, correct? Unlike the SYR fiasco?

Looks like another SYR, (UPS Store owner), with stricter rules. I think I'll wait until customers start requesting their use before I sign up, just like the last time... I bet if you take your snakes to the depot and state that they are indeed snakes, they'll refuse to ship them stating it is still against UPS policy to ship snakes...

That's cool. I wish in the About Us section they had revealed who "Us" is...I'd like to know who is behind the company.

Brendan at Cold Blooded Cages / Supply

ZoologyGirl said:
So we can definitely ship snakes via this service, correct?

They have an official UPS waiver and are providing it to shippers to include with their shipments. I saw their waiver several weeks ago, before the launch of the site. This is the only reason why I am providing the information on the service, they have met my expectations of a shipping service.

How much is the fee for a membership?

$0000.00 :)

I think they use the membership terminology because they will verify identity and revoke your ability to use the site if you violate standard safe shipping procedures. Brendan told me he negotiated lower shipping fees then SYR, but I haven't had the opportunity to verify that.

I had a problem at the UPS depot with SYR, and this is how it was explained to me...

UPS Stores are a franchise, so it's up to the owners discretion as to what they except for delivery, whereas the depot is held to the strict policy of UPS shipments. UPS does deliver reptiles, amphibians, even turtles, but they must be afraid of snakes because that's their main ban when it comes to reptile shipments. Even this site says to "take the package and waiver to a UPS Store". and...
If a UPS representative does not accept your package, please accept their judgment and call us to help resolve the situation.

This is great though, because when I was talking to my FedEx rep, I mentioned that I could ship cheaper through UPS now that they except reptile shipments, and got a permanent discount on all future shipments and FedEx reward points, if I "use them exclusively"...

Even this site says to "take the package and waiver to a UPS Store". and...If a UPS representative does not accept your package, please accept their judgment and call us to help resolve the situation.

I believe they say this because they don't want you becoming irate with the representative for doing their job. It wouldn't help matters or get anything moved along faster. If they don't accept the waiver at face value, call them up (the number is on the label & waiver).

SYR refused to provide proof of a waiver...This company is providing a copy to include with shipments and is monitoring users for shipping guidelines. Definitely a step up, I think.

This is great though, because when I was talking to my FedEx rep, I mentioned that I could ship cheaper through UPS now that they except reptile shipments, and got a permanent discount on all future shipments and FedEx reward points, if I "use them exclusively"...

Hah! Maybe I'll have to use that to see if I can get a deeper discount with FedEx! :laugh01:

All-in-all I think options are a good thing. My UPS driver (for deliveries) is here at 10am every day regardless of shipping type (overnight, ground, etc). My FedEx is a bit more sporadic, but has never been late. I'm willing to try this service. If I have a lot of problems with late or confiscated shipments (like SYR), I'll cease offering them.

Apparently we are going to give this a try....Brandon signed us up. I'd still like to look in to getting FedEx certified...but this looks a whole lot easier.

One thing I am confused about is, once we make an account, can we immediately just start shipping or do we have to get approved first?

Last edited:
Apparently we are going to give this a try....Brandon signed us up. I'd still like to look in to getting FedEx certified...but this looks a whole lot easier.

One thing I am confused about is, once we make an account, can we immediately just start shipping or do we have to get approved first?

Click the "Make a Shipping Label" button. It'll take you to the application process. :)

Looks like some potential here and yay for you Canadians. That must have been really annoying.

So... I went to go sign up and they don't have SSL (a secure website)? I'm not giving them my credit card on insecure site. That's dangerous and just plain irresponsible. I sent them an email about it, we'll see what they say.

Hey Everyone. My name is Brendan I am one of the owners of ReptilesExpress. I wanted to thank everyone that has signed up. We are working hard to start the approval process with everyone. Please hang in there we will get to you soon. We had a few bug and a large volume of people signing up and are behind in approving accounts. We will get to you soon! We have had the site running on a sub-domain for a few months now for testing. We moved the site to www.ReptilesExpress.com address a few day ago and we are waiting for our SSL to update to the new address. We will be able to process labels and payments as soon as the SSL is active should be Wed or Thur. Thanks again to everyone and we will be running 100% very soon. I will answer all of your question in my 2nd post. Just wanted to get this to everyone waiting to be approved.

Back