• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Saga's Yearling Photoshoot -- Pic heavy!

Lycari

Desperate to Edit
Saga shed last Wednesday and has finished her meal, so now we get the official yearling photos! This was also my second-ever attempt at photographing her with my awesome new Nikon, so they're not perfect... but meh. XD Commentary on the photography is as welcome as comments on my little scalebaby. ^_^ Also Saga's first visit to the great outdoors!

Saga is a normal sibling from Heather and Tara's Alabama x Tessera project. She has an aberrant pattern that looks a little q-tip-ish, and her colors don't seem all that close to the usual "classic" to me. I'm tentatively calling her an Alabama like her mother. ^_^ These photos are in natural light (except the last one) outside today, with a wooden stein for her to slither around on. Her colors are VERY true in these photos!

I love how many tongue flicks I managed to get with this camera!
5.jpg

6.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

These two really show off her pattern.
13.jpg

9.jpg

Saga loved these flowers! She kept trying to stick her head in the them or hide in them.
11.jpg

14.jpg

8.jpg

This was my favorite shot. Saga retreated into the stein for a while, and when I stuck the camera in after her, she just looked up at me like, "What?" I love the great focus in this pic, and the way the flash brings out her colors. And the reflections! ^_^

bestpic.jpg

There we go! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
GREAT photos! The wood colors work very well with the snake's colors. (And I agree that that last photo is really awesome.)

The flower pictures are very cute, too. They really show some of your snake's personality. :)

She's turning out really nice! Thanks for the updated pics!
I'm glad she's retaining the nice Alabama borders!
I need to get some updated pics of her siblings soon.

Thanks everyone! She really is a wonderful little snakey; I'm glad everyone likes her. :)

GREAT photos! The wood colors work very well with the snake's colors. (And I agree that that last photo is really awesome.)

The flower pictures are very cute, too. They really show some of your snake's personality. :)

I know, right? <3 I'm going to keep using that stein until she outgrows it. XD

And I agree, the flowers really did bring out her personality. XD She's the kind of snake that hides a lot, but is too curious to stay hidden and she's always poking her head out to see what's going on--as long as she thinks you can't see her. XD Outside her viv, she never seems to sit still. lol XD

She's turning out really nice! Thanks for the updated pics!
I'm glad she's retaining the nice Alabama borders!
I need to get some updated pics of her siblings soon.

Sorry I wasn't able to get any earlier photos. XD Took a while to figure out this DSLR camera. Losing the transferring software didn't help. XDD

I do love those nice thick borders! They almost make her saddles look like little red pools. XD

Back