• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Salmon Females - Worth the Trouble?

Dale

Interventions won't work
As in trouble searching for highly expressed pink.

I haven't given the pink sex/difference topic much thought... until now that I've put together a pair. Of course, I finally get them and the first thing I think of is how to improve my stock.

From what I've seen posted, the males express the most vibrant examples of the morph, and the females, on average, tend to be more subtle.

If improving, should I forget about the female and concentrate on getting the most vibrant male I can find from year to year? Or are super expressed females out there?

I love the Salmons and yes there are unbelievable pinks in some females just not as many as the males. If I lived in the same state as Dave I would have many more Salmon ghosts and snows than I do now. In some breeding trials last year between Salmon pinks and TS pinks one female blew the doors off of any of the males that were hatched. The biggest trouble is pink is very hard to photograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John

Dave P. has some very nice salmons from the few pictures I've seen posted here on these forums. Makes my mouth water for more. Wishing I was in Florida right now with my wife so I could try and beg for a visit just to see if nothing else.

Thanks, and yes, I know all about Dave's. He had 2 very nice one's listed recently, but both males. the only thing that has been holding me back on grabbing another is I made a firm committment to finish pairing any and all solo snakes I had in my collection before doubling up on anything.

Almost finished. Once I find a male GTP and a female Cave Dweller, I can start window shopping for pinks again.

Back