• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Say hello to oppie the shortailed opposum!!

CULEBRA85

JUST ANOTHER JOSH!!! LOL
So i picked this girl up on Monday and she is settling in very nicely. She is a hipper little thing but the breeder assured me that most calm down the older they get. She is soooooooooo soft and plush i would dare to say she is about as soft as a chinchilla. anyways here are some pics of my now favorite furry friend. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• P010211_01.50.jpg
    P010211_01.50.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 85
  • P010211_16.31.jpg
    P010211_16.31.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 85
  • P020211_14.00.jpg
    P020211_14.00.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 85
  • P020211_14.02.jpg
    P020211_14.02.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 85
  • P020211_14.05.jpg
    P020211_14.05.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 85
some more pics.....

Attachments

• P020211_14.05_[01].jpg
    P020211_14.05_[01].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 85
  • P020211_14.07.jpg
    P020211_14.07.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 85
Interesting. Do they stay cute-ish as they grow (as opposed to a wild Opossum)? :shrugs:
Yup they get cutter the older they get!!! lol here is a pic of an adult with her same coloring.

Attachments

• benjamin.jpg
    benjamin.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 82
She looks so soft and furry .How big of cage do they need?
OOO she is soft almost as soft as a chinchilla. Well she is still a baby so she is in a 10g tank for now with a wheel, some climbing branches and a log hide. But when she gets older and full grown i will get her a small 2story rat cage as a life time cage.

She's adorable. :)
Thanx!! she is so funny to watch run around her tank and she uses me as a tree 2!! lol

Pretty cute. How are these guys as pets?
They are feisty and a little nippy when babies but they warm up to u wit some time, but i have no complaints for now...lol

What a neat little creature. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow! Keep us updated.
Thanx...i will keep u guys updated.

Adorable!! Congrats! I look forward to progress pics.
Thanx o yes as we grow on each other i bet we will have plenty of photo ops!! lol

That's great you were able to get it!
Yup thanx to ur link Dusty, again thanx for the info my friend.

OOO she is soft almost as soft as a chinchilla. Well she is still a baby so she is in a 10g tank for now with a wheel, some climbing branches and a log hide. But when she gets older and full grown i will get her a small 2story rat cage as a life time cage.
Cool...
Do you think that she enjoys being handled?

Cool...
Do you think that she enjoys being handled?
I think she does she climbs on my hand on her own i dont grab her she like to hang on top of my head a lot and she loves to cuddle around my neck. She is bonding well with me, if something startles her she runs and tucks her self real close to my neck by my shirt collar. She is such a cutie.....im glad i have her.

That is adorable. I thought that opossums were too mean to keep as pets, which I always thought was a shame because they are so cute. I guess some are cute AND friendly! :)

I think she does she climbs on my hand on her own i dont grab her she like to hang on top of my head a lot and she loves to cuddle around my neck. She is bonding well with me, if something startles her she runs and tucks her self real close to my neck by my shirt collar. She is such a cutie.....im glad i have her.
So cute.
Now I want one

Back