• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

See what I woke up to?

yellowbellyhippy

PaganVeganHippie!
It doesn't look like it but that's 18 inches there!! What really sucked for my husband was the fact that no cars can make it up our hill. We live way way up on top of a hill. Our car got stuck in his first attempt to make it at work. His boss came to get him in his 4wheel drive and couldn't make it so Todd (the husband) had to walk down to be picked up! lol~

Banks closed, public busses stopped running alot of routes. It's been crazy!

261c3z9.jpg

I'm...dreaming...of a...White...Christmas~~! :D

I'm not a huge fan of snow. I mean, if it was around for a day, sure...but any longer and just bleck. Still very pretty and pristine looking, though! :} Sorry your husband had such struggles.

I'm...dreaming...of a...White...Christmas~~! :D

I'm not a huge fan of snow. I mean, if it was around for a day, sure...but any longer and just bleck. Still very pretty and pristine looking, though! :} Sorry your husband had such struggles.

Thank you...he has a very strong work ethic that's for sure!!
My pitbulls LOVE it....I had a hard time getting them to come inside. They have such thin fur!

My doggies also relish the snow! I'm less of a fan, but I do like a few good snows a year. I live in the western NC Appalachian mountains, and lately we seem to either get a dozen ridiculously hard snows or maybe three lame ones every year. Six snows spread out would be perfect. But it's been almost all or nothing the last 15 years. Mostly, nothing. Which makes the local hippies (pun intended) never shut up about global warming. I live in an interesting area, though.

How many times a year do you deal with a storm like THAT?

You think that is bad, look what my wife woke up to this morning.

Attachments

• Carlos MOL.JPG
    Carlos MOL.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 92
If I woke up to that there is no way I would go outside!!! I would be way to busy packing up to move. :p It is the FL girl in me. Even if it gave your husband a difficult morning, I hope you enjoyed your weather, and I send warm wishes.

I can't help it. I am from Florida, snow scares me LOL. I'd much rather have a hurricane because they are not cold.

We've been lucky to have had our first snowfall the other day, but it's just a ploy to pound us later. We'll probably have snow in June to balance it out. There have been some years where we've had 4' of snow by now, and most of the time we have at least a few inches.

If only I loved the snow as much as my dog. I got her in March a couple of years ago (she was 3mos), but we had been going through a warm stretch, so the snow was practically gone when I brought her home. There were only a couple small snow banks left, and she would rush over to them and just lay there... it was adorable.
Now she's older bigger, but she still loves the snow. I took her out yesterday to play in the snow, and she practically lost it with joy. Pouncing, sliding, and running full speed with her face in the snow (quite funny in in person).

I'm surprised you had ANY public transportation running at all. I didn't think area's that aren't use to snow moved at all during these types of snowfall.
Here we'd still have school and banks would be open and we'd all have to go to work still..lol

Just heard on the news we are in a winter storm warning for tonite through thursday, with near blizzard conditions wednesday night into thursday.. YAY!

Back