• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sharing some pictures

yellowbellyhippy

PaganVeganHippie!
Here is a picture of the rosey boa I got because someone threw her out in the trash complete with viv! See how small she is? That is a crayon behind her, think she will get bigger? Anyways, her name is Carly.

2vx3tq0.jpg

Here is my son Ocean holding Sid. My HUGE corn....almost 6ft long. He is such a sweet boy!

i5ysco.jpg

Sid on my bed~

2z8q22v.jpg

My son Weston holding our butter snake named Jonny.

s30mkn.jpg

KISS ME! My very best friend in the world. Gertrude.

2ujm5ns.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look :)

Yeah, the Rosy probably will get bigger, but nowhere near as big as Sid. I think they cap out around 3ft, give or take a few inches. They're supposed to be very docile snakes.

Great pics. Sid is beautiful! as well as Gertrude! Thanks so much for sharing them all with us. I should add Your son is most precious of all!

Thats a beautiful Rosy, I still laugh when I think about how you go it though. Of all stories of how people got their snakes yours tops them all:)

I was raised in a church-going family. One of my beloved songs from Sunday School was God Sees The Little Sparrow Fall.

God sees the little sparrow fall,
It meets His tender view;
If God so loves the little birds,
I know He loves me, too.

I live by that song. I know you all don't have the same beliefs as I do, but even if not, it is still a good way to live one's life. It's right to care about each little creature, and protect them. Someone was looking out for that little snake, putting her in the path of someone who would care.

Love your kids, Tara! The rosy is great too. I hope Nanci is right and someone is looking out for me.

Thanks everyone! The rosy boa (Carly) is so sweet. But man, she is a weird eater. She won't strike and constrict. She nibbles pieces of skin off the pinky and does that for about 30 minutes before she takes it down. Soooo weird. Any thoughts?

I've been thinking about your garbage snake and I wonder. Maybe it was a kid's pet and some parent got fed up with bad behavior or something and threw it out, cage and all? My dad has often threatened to sneak in my room and throw my snakes outside, knowing they'd be eaten or starve to death, and when Mouse was sick and I was thinking aloud whether or not to take her to the vet, he said "Who cares, it's just a stupid snake." Just a theory.

I raised roseys years ago and never did decide how to spell it. They are not agressive feeders like corns. I think as long as she is eating don't worry about it.

Im not too worried since she is eating well. She has become Weston's (my 8 yr old son) snake. She stays in his room and he thinks that is "so sick" as he says..lol. All of his little friends are scared of it and he thinks it's funny.

Back