• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

She spends alot of time on the cool side of her tank.. Is that normal?

PansyPerfect

Demonic Dreamer
I see her on the cool side more than the warm side.. Is that normal? They cant make their own body heat and shes on the cool side quite a bit..

My Humphrey is ALWAYS on the cool side. I have rearranged the hides, double-checked the temps, cool side is 70-75F, hot side is 84-85F, doesn't matter, Humphrey is on the cool side. I have concluded Humphrey knows where s/he needs to be!

yeah it totally fine, I rarely see mine right on the hot spot. Maybe after feeding, but keep in mind we don't watch them all day long lol, perhaps they are on the hot side when were not around ;)

Remember the reason you give the snake a heat gradient is so he can move back and forth from the hot to the cold side until he finds the place where he is the most comfortable. So if you are asking is it normal for the snake to hang out where it is most comfortable, I don't know, maybe somebody else will have the answer.

Back