• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

should i ever seperate?

skelator

ok my only good breeders 1 male and 2 females have been together since prolly november. one mother had a litter maybe 2 weeks ago or so. the other mother is about to have a litter of her own. should i do anything or just leave them all together?

I would leave them together. All 3 will help care for the babies. At this point I would increase the fat and protein in the mothers diet. This will help her not lose as much weight while nursing the pinkies. I use a seed mix with a few extra sunflower seeds mixed with some dog/cat food with no dyes, along with lab blocks.

sounds good theres a little dog food in there along with some hog grower. i gotta get more mouse blocks. ill throw some sunflower seeds in there aswell.

my main concern was i didnt know if 2 litters would be too much for them to deal with all together like that. i did make them a huge hide so theres plenty of room for them all.

Each female should be able to handle 8-10 pinkies each. If you get more than that, you "might" wanna feed/ freeze some off. It "could" cause your females to lose to much weight, and then be unhealthy for the next litter....I cull down all my groups to no more than 6 per mother, but then again I feed a lot of pinkies, so I need all that I can get.... :)

well after the mother gave birth they ate everysingle one of the new babies.

anytime i have two litters together the smallest of the two gets eaten. well im 0-2 when that happens anyway.

I don't know why that would happen, I have different aged litters all the time. I think you still have a cannibal that needs weeding out. I fed out one of my females a few weeks back, and the two litters my mice have had since have not had any losses, so she must've been the one eating babies.

maybe its just weird the first litter out of the last two is doing great. i dont think any have been eaten.

Sounds like the cannibal has fallen into line... lol Or there was something developmentally wrong with the pinkies that were eaten to begin with. Either way, I am glad your litters are doing well :)

you know honestly gave up on it and i was just feeding my mice off. one was noticeably pregnant so i left it alone and since then ive had 3-4 litters. well see how this one does. i thought i was in the clear with one litter then they just started eating each other when they were older and seperated from the parents i had like 18 i ended up with 5. that pissed me off quite a bit i dunno what was going on. they were eating each others tails and everything. im thinking one of them was psychotic lol.

Back