• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sierra - 2013 Red Factor het Blood Diamond

Dragonling

Doesn't do "casual"
I bought this girl in anticipation of the hatchling male I hope to buy later this spring. She is het diffused lava and charcoal, but the pair that produced her is unknown as the records were lost. Because she is red factor, it is my hope that she was produced from a bloodred x diamond pairing. We'll be able to test that once I have a diamond at breeding age, probably in 2018.

She is in shed right now, so we'll get some better photos later on. She currently weighs 277g and could maybe be breeding-ready late this season, but I don't have a male to pair her to yet.

1L7EVN3h.jpg

dI6UGevh.jpg

dpPWGtQh.jpg

She's so curious, started following the camera around like she was trying to figure out what it was. I have a feeling she's going to be one of my favorites personality-wise.

Unfortunately Sierra has come down with a respiratory infection, so she's getting shots every 48hr. If she recovers well and puts on enough weight, I may breed her this season.

Last edited:
Poor Sierra has yet to recover from her RI. We're doing another short round of antibiotics along with twice daily nebulizer treatments. We tried to make her photoshoot quick. She was pretty cooperative, which helped keep the stress down.

AtTLXMIh.jpg

OiXJ472h.jpg

TgYS2S1h.jpg

So stoked to see this girl take food again. Ate a small mouse for me today, her first meal in 38 days. She was getting very thin and I was contemplating assist feeding before she got too weak. She also had a nice clean shed, getting rid of several rough patches along her sides. Hopefully we are finally on the road to recovery.

Poor thing is again refusing food, and still wheezy. She's lost about 40g now. I'm taking her back to the vet this afternoon for some tests to see if we can figure out exactly what we're up against before attempting another round of treatment. If it *is* a bacterial infection, it may help to use a different drug that's better targeted for certain types of bacteria. Cross your fingers for me. :/

w28zZjol.jpg

So it looks like I was pretty spot on about her being in breeding mode. Nooblet laid a tiny slug yesterday. I gave her a lay box and found her struggling to lay this morning. We might be taking another trip to the vet...ughhhh. I'm glad I had held off on starting her on baytril again. I think that would just weaken her further.

13 teeny little slugs later, I have an even skinnier corn snake. Yay.

Ub0EV9tl.jpg

She had zero interest in food late last night, so we'll wait for her to shed before offering again. Fortunately I palpated her and she felt empty, no lumps or bumps anywhere. Unfortunately she is extremely thin and probably dropped another 30+g.

After a nice clean post-lay shed, my little skinny Minnie decided to eat for me again. She still sounds congested, but hopefully we can get some weight back on her now.

eyV962Sh.jpg

To show just how thin she's gotten, that's a weanling mouse and she's about 3 ft. long.

We're on round 2 of Amikacin now. She was doing better so I decided to try a full-sized adult mouse...4 days later, two poops and an almost-fully-digested mouse appeared in her cage. Well drat. Guess it'll be back to weanlings for a while, and I'll need to order some nutribac. I'm guessing the combination of size + antibiotic may have caused the regurge. She's also had moderate handling to apply nose drops, but I don't think that's been a major factor.

Silly girl is still making wheezy sounds and has mucus in her mouth, but we're trucking on with nebulizer treatments of amikacin, F10SC (which was probably illegally smuggled in...), and mucomyst. On the plus side, she's gaining weight and is finally back to eating large adults. She even strikes her food with more gusto now. Grabbed a few snapshots of her the other day.

FZNfkdwh.jpg

Lszl6Loh.jpg

vISwn6Mh.jpg

Back