• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Silly pooper

JW360

I have had my two corn snakes for two weeks now and my little female has managed to poop on me twice and the male once. It is not a scared flighty poop when it happens i am already holding them for a while and they are extremely calm during our interactions, but they just seem to hold it till I'm holding them. Which ok i guess cause its easier to wash my hands off than searching for it in their enclosure. I just wanted to see if any one else has this stinky problem. Also those little buggers poop smells horrible, i have had boas and their mess didn't smell as bad as these baby corns. I also didn't ever have one poop on my hands and shirt so that might be why.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

I've only been pooped on a few times, because I quickly learned their pattern. If you're holding them and they begin to hold very still and then raise their tail, run for some paper towel! You can also usually tell if they're going to need to poop because you'll see a bulge right by their vent.

Just like with taking a dog for a walk, if you get your snake out and handle him or her, the movement is going to stimulate their bowels.

I see well that is good to know. I knew about the tail raising, but didn't know it would bulge down there also.

I normally take my corn out TO poop ;) the exercise gets things moving along. Especially if I have just cleaned her cage and don't want it getting dirty right away, or if I know I'll have someone over who wants to hold her.

This is VERY common, by the way. Jokes upon jokes of people getting pooped on. Welcome to the club!

You take it out to poop how do you know exactly when or do you just take it out till it does cause you know with them moving around it gets things going

A bit of both.
I've gotten used to her schedule. She digests quickly, but doesn't come out often. If I take her out about 3 days after a meal, she'll have a bulge by her cloaca - tell-tale sign of a poop to come!
I get her moving, have my paper towel ready. She doesn't always go, but the longer I have her out the better the chances. When she's about to go she stops, straightens her tail, then I see her muscles moving all along her backside down towards her tail.

:p

I sometimes take mine out to poop, as well. With my bigger ones, I'll let them slither around outside on the grass if the temperature is okay. Their poop is pretty big and smelly, so I'd rather not catch it in a paper towel.

Back