• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Skinny Amel Stripe

Sacred_Nightmares

Only slightly crazy...
As some of you may know, I have a little problem feeder [ who made mommy happy by eating pinky head last week!] and thought it was about time i shared some nice pictures to you all! :]

And if anyone wants to add their two cents and give me your opinion if he looks homo for blood, i'd appreciate it a ton. I know he has the gene, just dunno if it's het or homo. :shrugs: He looks pretty dark orange in reality to be just an amel stripe, but every snake is different, right? That's why we love them all so much! =]

Indoor photos first. No flash.
P3082919.jpg

Comparison to my other 09 hatchling. They were only in there for about 5 seconds for the picture. And i think this photo has the most accuracy on his coloration.
P3082920.jpg

Outside photos!!
P3092943.jpg

Weird pupil shape?
P3092935.jpg

P3092948.jpg

P3092946.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!! :D

Thank you very much Nanci and Chad. :]

And to whoty: Homo is short for homozygous and means the snake shows the characteristics physically and het is short for heterozygous meaning the trait is not shown. Like an amel corn het anery IS an amel snake, but if bred to another anery snake, would produce anery hatchlings because both snakes HAVE the gene but only one shows it.

Hope that helps. :]

What a cute little guy!! :D He is quite adorable. He reminds me of a pug with the big bulgy eyes. I can't wait to see him as an adult. I'm not a pro on genetics, but if he is homo blood I WANT HIM!!! lol.

Thank you very much Nanci and Chad. :]

And to whoty: Homo is short for homozygous and means the snake shows the characteristics physically and het is short for heterozygous meaning the trait is not shown. Like an amel corn het anery IS an amel snake, but if bred to another anery snake, would produce anery hatchlings because both snakes HAVE the gene but only one shows it.

Hope that helps. :]

Yeah,thanks. Helps out a bit.

Back