• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Small Creatures Are Cute For a Reason...

Yikes, I thought the story would end with the revelation that your son pushed her off (in play or something)! Even accidentally, I'm sure that would have weighed heavily on his conscious.

I was at a reptile show last weekend, and I heard a woman who was looking at a bunch of gekos saying, "they're so cute when they're little!". I muttered, "survival tactic". The couple pretended not to hear me. :rolleyes:

Have you tried clicker training?

It works on cats!
That is definitely an option, but I'm a bit afraid that would only end up complicating and compounding my claw. Besides, I got rid of the chameleons beacuse the constant chirping of the crickets was giving me an eye tick. The constant clicking would have the same effect.

And if positive reinforcers don't work, get 'em fitted for electronic collars. ;)

regards,
jazz
Do they make them in a 300 volt/1,000 ohm/0.3 amp/900 watt size?

And then use the spray bottle.
This may not be necessary if I can get the right size collar, but a terrific addition to a great idea!

Yikes, I thought the story would end with the revelation that your son pushed her off (in play or something)! Even accidentally, I'm sure that would have weighed heavily on his conscious.

I was at a reptile show last weekend, and I heard a woman who was looking at a bunch of gekos saying, "they're so cute when they're little!". I muttered, "survival tactic". The couple pretended not to hear me. :rolleyes:
You made the assumption that my son has a conscious. At this stage, he only has self-preservation on his mind. And I don't blame him, as his sister has done her best to kill him. Just the other day, she had her jump rope wrapped around his neck. He's no angel either and has pushed her off of other high places, just not this time.

But every rare moment, they get along and behave. She just helped him with some homework and did a great job. He had to cut out and "dress" a paper doll in clothing his ancestors would have worn. Since it was related to Thanksgiving, he asked his grandmother for help, as she is a geneology nut and has her one side done all the way back to the time of William the Conqueror (he gave an ancestor some land for something he did for him). Since an ancestor did arrive from Wales in Massachusetts in 1640, an actual pilgrim outfit worked. Unfortunately, Charlie hates to draw and color, so this is what Jennifer made for Charlie's homework. Looks like there's hope for them after all!

Last edited:
Back