• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

SMR Cayenne Fire and SMR X African Cayenne Fires

zorro

Old Guy
Don (SMR) started these Red Factor Fires many years ago. Poppycorn (Marsha Matthews) came up with the name Cayenne to distinguish Fires possessing the additional mutation, Red Mask (aka: Red Factor) from regular Amel Bloodreds (Fires). I was an immediately hooked on these and bought my first pair from Don in 2007. These like corals are terribly hard to photograph and much better looking in person.
In the last couple of years Don obtained hatchling pair of a fire and bloodred het fire from a South African corn breeder who was working with the Javas. Don discovered that this pair was much more as they grew. I was lucky enough to have a female SMR cayenne fire at Don's on breeder loan and he bred her to his male African line Cayenne male last year.
Here is pics of male African/ cayenne with comparative a pic of a female SMR cayenne line that I bred last year. The male has just a little bit extra red than the female SMR girl (I have to say that the female SMR line is going to be top shelf cayenne in her own right).
John
First the African/cayenne line male
CayAfrM5_zpsh3kzafsi.jpg

Next the female pure SMR cayenne
CayF3_zpskhuoy0ze.jpg

Wow, that male is on Fire!! :devil01::devil01:

Hence the name I suppose. Thanks for sharing these awesome animals John!

I'm sorry, I haven't bought a morph book in quite a while. So, Cayenne Fires are red mask amel bloodreds? Is there any difference in the African line and the SMR line? I saw this morph on SMR and Colorado Corn's websites, and I became fascinated with them!

I'm sorry, I haven't bought a morph book in quite a while. So, Cayenne Fires are red mask amel bloodreds? Is there any difference in the African line and the SMR line? I saw this morph on SMR and Colorado Corn's websites, and I became fascinated with them!

It's actually (the one in the first pic) when Don (SMR) crossed the fires from the African line to his cayennes that he got the best ones. I'm sorry I should have put that in the original thread that they are Red Factor plus Amel bloodred. It seems that the crossed ones (African X Cayenne Fires) have even more red than the cayennes.
The camera's flash is almost off to take pics of these (and corals) to get a true pic of them.
John

Very cool John, and yeah that African fire is insane! Thnx for sharing.
Pair up a nice Extreme Okeetee Tessera and that African fire dude! *wishful thinking* lol :idea:

Back