• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake escaped and I never knew it!!

Sacred_Nightmares

Only slightly crazy...
Let this just be a reminder to anyone who thinks their snakes are too small to reach the top of the tank and escape...

I just got home and went to go tinkles, and found my bloodred male Vlad curled up around the hinge on the toilet seat lid. How my parents didn't see and flip the fudge out, I don't know.
Or how on the way from my room to the bathroom he didn't stop by the water heater/AC unit closet.

I feel so incredibly lucky. And now, I have a stack of textbooks on the top until I can get locks.

Wowie. o_____O

So lucky... so freakin lucky... and to think I almost sat on him... :eek1:

Its good that you found the little snake. Yes, the locks are going to be verry much needed if you dont want your snake to get out again. Lucky, lucky, lucky...

Just as a warning, some lock/lid combos do not hold very tight. I had one of my snakes still slip out even with the locks on. I still keep heavy books on top of some of my tanks as extra insurance!

Glad you found him and he is ok! It is amazing where some end up. I had a baby crawl off the shelf, across the room, under the door, across the hall, under another door, into the closet, bury herself is the farthest corner, managing to avoid the gauntlet of 4 dogs and 3 cats! Crazy!

Just as a warning, some lock/lid combos do not hold very tight. I had one of my snakes still slip out even with the locks on. I still keep heavy books on top of some of my tanks as extra insurance!

Ohh really? So then I'll just have to pick out which ones carefully then. Thank you. :] And I've definitely learned from this little mishap....

Yeah, freaked me out when I saw Una cruising around on top of someone else's tank and she had locks on her top. It turns out some of my screens have slightly thicker metal borders, so the locks do not fit is tightly. She has able to push a corner up. Just be aware, and test them!

Back