• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake looking for a good home

HVani

Things are a little overwhelming now and with a heavy heart I have decided to rehome my 2012 amel Henry. He's a little small for his age (87g) but catching up.

He's a great snake, very laid back and easy going. He's on an eating dry spell right now with the temperatures so low. In the past once things warm up above freezing he's a very good eater.

I have a lot of things on my plate right now and I need to cut back. Hopefully someone in the Wisconsin area can take him. Otherwise I have a few options with the humane society and a local reptile store. I would prefer to know he has a good home. He is an excellent pet.

henrykeyboard_zps04f460e5.jpg

awe cutie! if I wasn't way up in canada id be having a small chat with you ;) lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

After doing some research I am considering shipping. I ordered some supplies and if all goes right I will hopefully be able to ship next week when it warms up here a bit (40s)

After doing some research I am considering shipping. I ordered some supplies and if all goes right I will hopefully be able to ship next week when it warms up here a bit (40s)

Make sure you watch the nighttime lows in Memphis and the destination city. I have a sticky down in my personal forum about packing for shipping. One thing that really makes it a LOT safer is buying a PCM panel (phase change material) from Josh's Frogs. And putting the heat pack in a deli cup. It needs a spacer away from the snake, too.

Next week it will be mid to high 40s here. If you can ship I'm in zip 44021. Let meknow what that would cost. :)
Dee

1.0 Snow 0.1 Creamsicle 1 rescue Rose Hair Tarantula 1 Arizona Blonde Tarantula
1 rescue Leopard Gecko 1 rescue terrier afraid of them all

My shipping supplies are not going to be here in time to ship during our warm spell. I'll have to wait for the next one.

Sorry if you are already aware of this... but are you certified to ship? I know that if you are planning to ship through FedEx SYR you need to get certified first. I had someone who really needed to rehome a ball python and was going to ship her to me... but then the evening she was scheduled to ship her out she texted me and said she never realized that she had to be certified in order to ship and FedEx turned her down. They said she could only ship out snakes if she were a buisness.

It was not good for her either because she spent money on shipping supplies that went to waste, and she was already hurting for cash anyway (hence rehoming the python) ): It sucked and I want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again!

Also I am not very knowledgable about the process one must go through to ship reptiles so if I am missing something or am incorrect I apologize. This is just what I have gone through.

Sorry if you are already aware of this... but are you certified to ship? I know that if you are planning to ship through FedEx SYR you need to get certified first. I had someone who really needed to rehome a ball python and was going to ship her to me... but then the evening she was scheduled to ship her out she texted me and said she never realized that she had to be certified in order to ship and FedEx turned her down. They said she could only ship out snakes if she were a buisness.

It was not good for her either because she spent money on shipping supplies that went to waste, and she was already hurting for cash anyway (hence rehoming the python) ): It sucked and I want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again!

Also I am not very knowledgable about the process one must go through to ship reptiles so if I am missing something or am incorrect I apologize. This is just what I have gone through.

You don't have to be certified to ship through a third party.
So like SYR or ReptilesExpress.

Yeah I did all my research and decided I would be going through Ship your reptiles. I bought supplies and everything. But I have a friend who volunteered to take him locally. He's doing well in his new home. The shipping supplies won't totally go to waste. The boxes will be nice for shipping coral (I have a reef tank) once things warm up.

Sorry I hadn't updated the thread. My dog past away this weekend and I forgot about this.

Back