• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake moves pinky??

Covanant

Ok,I have a month old creamsicle that just won't eat for me.breeder said he ate three times for him and that I should try a week after picking him up.
No go,figured it's the new home,stress all that and waited a week.still no go but a day later he went blue,fine.yesterday he shed and it went great,full shed no problems etc..
But he wouldn't eat.last night I put a pinky on a plate and put it inside the viv hoping it would be gone in the morning.
Woke up and it was still there.went to work,came home and it's gone,great!!at last he eats!!
Then I see the pinky at the other end of the viv???did he move it??
Doesn't look like it was regurged,looks untouched.
Do they do that??

Oh yeah, I've had many snakes at different ages do it. Here I think they ate only to find it later in some odd spot. Some of the older ones move it and bury it in the aspen.

Is there any chan e the pinkies are too big for him? It could be that he tried to eat it and gave up. In the process, he might have moved it around a bit. If he has only eaten 3 times so far, he would likely need "extra small" pinkies.

Is there any chance the pinkies are too big for him? It could be that he tried to eat it and gave up. In the process, he might have moved it around a bit. If he has only eaten 3 times so far, he would likely need "extra small" pinkies.

Good point !

I was just thinking in the context of snakes moving their food around in general. I think you could be right in this instance.

Covanant, What does he weigh ?

We'll the little bugger ate tonight for the first time in over a month!
He ate while in a feeder box I had covered in a towel,guess he's shy!

I couldn't watch Calypso feed for the first few times - some babys are just really shy (either that or the last pinky you got was smaller)...that is a good question though, why don't places like Petco/Petsmart offer smaller pinkies? I was lucky enough to get extra small pinkies for my baby - I'd be in a lot of trouble if I couldn't....Covanant, if the size of the pinky is the issue, you may have to cut the pinkie in half....

the pinkies that I got at Petco today are actually smaller, they just say pinkies the bag but they were 1 and 2 gram pinkies. I'm going to try using one with my baby on Friday. So maybe just feel the bag (if they come in bags in your area, Petco they do Petsmart they are in boxes here but you can open the box and take the pinkies out and see them) and see if you can't find some smaller ones?

Back