• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakes during zombie apocalypse

skidmorejr88

With all the hype around zombie stuff these days such as the walking dead and world war z. It has sparked interest in some what they would do if some how a real zombie apocalypse were to take place. It makes you question alot of things like what you would do for shelter, food, protection, but lets not forget about the animals that would still be here to with us. So what do you think would happen to snakes captive and wild? Would they be able to turn or carry the virus? Would they move up or down on the food chain? How would you care for them with no power or easy source for getting them food? Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this pop up in there mind:)

assuming we are trying to be consistent with cinema, zombie snakes seem pretty likely.
resident evil had zombie dogs and crows, but not squirrels, cats, fish ect.
this makes me think that frightening and formidable creatures are more susceptible to infection.
during zombie apocalypse logic and reason go out the window in pursuit of terror, such is the way with zombies. This information MUST be kept in your thoughts

- zombies will congregate in bathrooms, even if there is no source of food or reason they should be there
- your closest friends and loved ones are most likely to turn, even if they weren't bit. it may happen in a flashback that you havent seen yet...
- any creature that would be scary as a zombie must be killed on sight :uzi: as it will almost certainly turn at the worst possible time and bite you in some violent unexpected way.
I hope that my advice was helpful, and wish you the best of luck in these turbulent times...

One of my favorite authors, Brian Keene, writes pretty amazing zombie type novels...and he even included zombie whales and birds!!! zombie whales?! you could survive those easily staying inland...but birds? No way lol.

Zombie animals would create a huge threat no doubt. Like tib said the dogs from resident evil and crows would be crazy enough. But zombie snakes would be nuts you would have to treat every one like they were a deadly "hot". Just food for tought has any one tought what would happen to our nuclear power plants if the dead were to walk the earth? Would they melt down or go into a safe mode? Just another thing to keep in the back of your mind :)

Thought* speel correct keeps screwing me up. I found this picture and it had me cracking up.

Attachments

• zombie-snake.jpg
    zombie-snake.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 46
Great! You just gave syfy another stupid Saturday night movie idea.LOL I would actually watch it.

I kind of doubt the idea of snakes becoming zombies. Any virus that is attacking Humans and turning us likes body temperature to be around 98.6 degrees F. They're not going to be happy more than, oh, about 2.5% more or less than what we're happy at: 96.1 - 101.1. That's why our bodies run fevers when we're sick: we're trying to kill off the attacking microbes.

Snakes, like our corns here, really don't much like going above 85-86 degrees. Too cool for the zombie bug. Dogs and cats have body temps that start around 101 degrees, and head up from there a bit. Too warm.

So the only real danger our pets would be in is the zombies wanting to eat them, or them dying of thirst / hunger for lack of getting taken care of.

IMHO. :)

Ky, syfy probably already has it in the making lol! And becca that dosent make you a geek, your just that much more ready for z day ;)

Back