• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snow is being a brat!

HVani

Lately Snow has decided to go out of her way to destroy her viv! In the past couple weeks she has popped her exoterra background away from the glass so she can get behind it. She's tipped her water bowl, luckily it's too heavy to over turn it but I think she's trying. Speaking of her water bowl, she has tracked a lot of bedding into it as well. Lastly she keep turning her pink princess castle over. It's driving me nuts!

I know males get restless this time of year, what about the girls?

Here hers viv when she hasn't destroyed it!

snowscastle_zps04aadf7b.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not actually mad. Snow's vivid personality is one of the things I love about her. :)

So cute, omg :O

I think snakes just don't care about their surroundings. Riddle tramples over everything and Dovah knocks down his hide, thermometer and the heavy ceramic dragon I have in there every night. Jester knocks over his thermometer, tracks bedding into his water, and pushes the branch I have in there down his hill every day >.<
I'm almost to the point of letting them decorate on their own :p

Maybe she is too large for the pink castle. Take it out and try some silk plants and a couple of low box hides and see how she does. The viv is really cute though.

I dunno. She can curl up in the castle without issue. It's actually one of her favorite hides. She's just being a snot :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I am seeing a lot of openings on that castle that would worry me as she gets bigger. A stuck, panicked snake is not a good thing.

I think that softer edges and openings might be better for her, and she definitely needs some ground cover like the vines and plants Myca suggested, or some tall aquarium plants that bend over and create a floor like they would have in the wild, like leaves they can hide under.

Thank you for your concern :)

She's not going to get any bigger, she's full grown at about 3.5 feet long. I've known her for well over a year and owned her for 8 months. She's an adult :) I use to have some vines in there I can add back.

I'd take the destruction as a sign of a healthy active snake. I'd be more irritated and concerned if instead she was just sitting around all lethargic and not trashing the place every chance she gets.

Also, if she's a corn at the length and age you said, she might actually get a bit bigger. At 2 or 3 she still has a couple years or so of slow growth and maybe another 6" or so of length. Potentially. Every snake is different.

Back to the matter at hand though, I too feel your mild frustration with the constant destruction. Isis obliterated anything I put in with her, so I just sort of stopped.

I would be inclined to add some things for her to explore and throw around rather than the heavy plastic castles. My snakes love toilet roll tubes, old bits of drain pipe (cleaned of course), boxes with holes cut in, and plastic plant pots.

Here's my female dancing with a cup on her head.

1277205_10201457724999121_985822261_o.jpg

I would be inclined to add some things for her to explore and throw around rather than the heavy plastic castles. My snakes love toilet roll tubes, old bits of drain pipe (cleaned of course), boxes with holes cut in, and plastic plant pots.

Here's my female dancing with a cup on her head.

1277205_10201457724999121_985822261_o.jpg

That is perfect. It may not look like a castle, but she will feel more at home in a viv like that! Love the dryer/drain coils, great idea.

Back