• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So... who feels like counting down with me?

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
I am uber-excited here, I have been waiting for this for well over a year, and finally, we have just a few more weeks to go!
I have to say, this is one nice ride to be on since my friend is the breeder and he's making sure to make this a very unforgettable experience...

So... several months ago,
The stud to the left:

Met the lady to the left here:

We were very anxious about the whole thing... it's July's first pregnancy, and Shelties aren't a very large breed... since both he and I wanted a female, the odds weren't stacked that high in my favor.

But... I was extremely lucky, 2 females!!! (born on September 7'th)

Contrary to the "wiser" course of action of waiting to choose his female(since these are purebred... blah blah), he allowed feelings to get the better of him, and knew that I too was really excited to know which was mine... so 2 days later I pretty much knew which puppy is ours(wife's and mine)

Every single day, I get a picture, as well as her current weight... which is seriously awesome of him.

(facing the camera, her bum on her sister, hehe)

and yesterday, I got this:

She feels asleep during weighting :)

Roughly 300 grams to 900 grams in 2 and a half weeks...

So the countdown continues until November 2'nd, when she's 8 weeks old... I can't stress enough just how excited we are... the wait is not very easy, but with daily pictures, and we already got to see and hold her for a bit once... we'll manage.

From time to time I'll post an updated pic.

Adorable! Shelties are a great breeds. If one of my sons didn't have allergies I would consider them too but I have enough trouble keeping up with my corgis' hair!

Very cute! Some friends of ours used to breed Shelties, they seem like really neat dogs. We actually got to visit them once when they had a litter of puppies about the size of your girl and I got to spend a couple hours playing with them all.

Thank you everyone,
I am psyched to bring her home already... sigh... just a few more weeks to go I guess!

We get pictures like... daily, but I didn't want to overkill the thread.
A few from the last few days.

She's now 1.5 Kilograms(5 times the size of the last pic here) and doing very well.

She's absolutely adorable. I love shelties and I think they have such nice personalities. Too much fur for my level of dedication, though!

The waiting is done.... I couldn't be happier.
Marshmallow is not a big fan just yet... he needs to get used to the new ball of fur...

PS- her name is Jynx(sounds like Jinx)- long story :)

Back