• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some Advice Please

C0rn_Sn@ke

This Christmas i am getting a baby Corn Snake and as this is my 1st, I waswondering ifyou guys can give me a few tips on the best way to take great care of a Corn Snake

Another questionHow long does it take to Shed its skin if its 1month old?

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!!! A great book that would answer almost all of your questions is Cornsnakes The Comprehensive Owners Guide by Bill and Kathy Love. Also Read the FAQS on this site.

Cornsnakes in Captivity by Don Soderberg is also a great book. You may not be able to find these at a pet shop, you may have to buy them on line but it is worth it.

Cornsnake Morph Guide is great for learning cornsnake genetics and understanding what all the different colors are and where they come from.

My most important suggestion to you is to buy a thermostat for your under tank heater- I had NO IDEA that those things can get up to 120F when un-regulated!!! And get a reliable thermometer that records max and min temps. Correct temps are vital to digestion for your new baby. You need to know the max temp the UTH gets to right on top of it, not on the substrate, not on the wall, but directly over the heater.

And even though it will be _so_ tempting, make sure you allow your baby time to adjust before handling it- getting the baby on a feeding schedule is the most important thing! The books will go over all that, though.

And if it were me, and it was my first snake and I had never kept snakes before, I would consider getting a slightly older, much less fragile snake to begin with.

Good luck with your new snake!

Nanci

:)

No worries,Ive looked after a snake before my mum got a 2month corn snake a week ago and Ive been looking after that which made me want to ask for my own snake for Christmas :)

But The Setup will come to about 50-60 and Upto 100 pounds with the snake, Will be getting Heat mat aswell :)

Back