• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some of this years clutch I bred

NiklasTyreso

They are two weeks old now. / Niklas

Attachments

• dscn1509.jpg
    dscn1509.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 383
  • dscn1511.jpg
    dscn1511.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 385
  • dscn1514.jpg
    dscn1514.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 384
Unusual. What are they??

I do not think anyone know what my snakes are, but I think they might be related to aztecs.

There are 2-3 interesting pattern traits in the hatchlings that I hope, just hope, in the future can be bred in a predictable way with a punnett square.

The mother is a normal pattern snow who had strange siblings, so she might be het for some unknown genes.

The father is a strange pattern male I bought as a hatchling from a teen on the countryside here in Sweden. The father was the only strange patterned of the siblings, but his mother had some small pattern anomalies.
/ Niklas
The father below:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 322
Considering how much they look like dad... you may very well be onto something genetic there!

Does the father have belly checkers?

Yes. Both the father and the hatchlings have belly checkers.
So, they are not true motleys. But the father and some hatchlings do have a "motley" look.

I have never had a motley snake and have never got any motleys in the clutches.
I've heard from a aztec breeder that it sometimes happens in aztec breedings that some hatchlings are "false motleys" with belly checkers.

/ Niklas

You might just have a new gene. I hope you can prove it out. I love the Pattern it is really cool looking

Very nice! I wonder if there might be some terrazzo in the lineage. Looks to be a very 'terrazzo-ish' pattern. :)

You might just have a new gene. I hope you can prove it out. I love the Pattern it is really cool looking

Thanks! Its great to hear that you like the patterns.

Analyzing percentages in the clutch and the look/traits in the hatchlings give me the hypotheses that it might be 2-3 genes involved.

There are 17 hatchlings.
9 normal patterned.
8 with abberant pattern.
(3-4 are extremely abberant).

Mom is normal, pos het for unknown gene(s). Some of her siblings were abberant.

Father is abberant patterned, probably homzygous for unknown gene(s).

Proportion 8/17 is close to the proportion if one gene is responsible.

3-4/17 extremely abberant sugest that there is at least 2 genes involved.

Looking att the different pattern traits in the hatchlings suggest teher are 3 different traits, so it might be 3 different genes.

Very nice! I wonder if there might be some terrazzo in the lineage. Looks to be a very 'terrazzo-ish' pattern. :)

Probably no terazzo involved. I have not heard about anyone breeding Terazzo in Sweden yet.
My animals all come from my breedings and other small cornsnake breeders that do not have the latest morphs.

Thanks again everybody for your encouraging words!

Very nice, and quite unusual!

Just want to say thanks again(!) to every ones encouraging words and share a couple of pics of other of the hatchlings that were not that aberrant. /Niklas

Attachments

• dscn1557.jpg
    dscn1557.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 105
  • dscn1555.jpg
    dscn1555.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 105
Back