• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Special Built Hide and Non Toxic Kids Paint

domandjen1976

Looking4Corns
Hey everyone, just looking for some feedback. My son and I created a nice hide for his corn out of a box and before I let him finish it I thought I better see what the forum thinks about painting this box with the Crayola Kids brand non toxic paint. He is five and of course wants to decorate it himself. What do you all think? :grabbit:

I don't know anything about that brand, but...

non-toxic is certainly a good sign! I would read the instructions and see what it says about breathing the fumes. That is what you are worried about, unlike worries about kids who might chew on something with the paint on it. Also, you can check it out for yourself as to how strong the fumes are. No matter how non-toxic it is, I would let it air out in a different room or outside, for at least several days. After that, close it up in a small area (like a closet or even in a plastic bag) overnight, and see if the fumes are still strong. Once there is only a small odor after being closed up in a small area, it is probably fairly safe. But I would still give as much ventilation as possible inside the cage for many weeks after installing it. It may be entirely safe, but better to be too conservative than to take a chance.

scratch that. i thought it was about a clay/rock hide. my bad. guess you couldnt soak it. sorry for not reading thoroughly.

Back