• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Still unsure how to bump up to next feeder size.

Jupiter

So my corn is now 17.75g and he is still being fed a single 1day old pinky every 4 days, however the last 2 feeding have not put a dent in my growing boys belly, and I know it's time to bump it up. Well there is a bump right after he eats, just a slight bit bigger around than he is at his widest section, but 24 hours later the bump is 90-100% gone and he is out wondering around about 30-36 hours after being fed. Here is the info I have, I hope it's clear enough.
Snake weight: 17.75g
AVERAGE 1-day-old pinky weight: 2g
AVERAGE MLP (medium-large pinky) weight: 4g

I ordered the two pinky sizes of 1-day-old and MLP, the thing is the 1days are a bit too small, and the MLP are a bit too big, there are a few in the MLP bags that are a bit smaller than the others, weighing around 3g, and look to be about 1.5-2x wider than the widest part of my snakes body, I think even the smallest of the MLP may be a bit too big still, so what should I do? A few friends have suggested feeding 2 of the 1 day olds until he can handle the MLPs, I was going to follow the Munson plan (I think that's the name of it) but it seems a bit aggressive and I don't know weather to trust it. This is my first ever snake or reptile of any kind, and I just want to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

Also if the solution is to start feeding 2 of the 1day olds, then should I wait an extra day between feeding, 5? Or keep it at every 4 days? Thanks for any help in advance, and feel free to ask for any more info. I could possibly get some pics tomorrow of the sizes of the pinks, if that's necessary.

I think I would go to a 5 day schedule, and feed 1.5 of the small pinks, for at least two meals, to see how that goes. You cut them in half crosswise, while frozen.

I think I would go to a 5 day schedule, and feed 1.5 of the small pinks, for at least two meals, to see how that goes. You cut them in half crosswise, while frozen.

Ok thanks, sounds good to me! So just cut one in half crosswise (not length) and feed one of the halves + a full sized 1day old? Then keep the other half frozen and use it for the second meal, five days later? Also how would you thaw the half, I currently run hot water over my pinks for two to three mins then serve them while they're still warm, should I do the half the same way?

Back