• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

striped?

phillip2

My lps has a lovly striped in i think hes beautiful and hes reserve at the moment, i just wondered he seems a littl not dull and he aint shedding but he isnt properly orange orange i wondered what would he look like when hes older do colours get brighter etc???
post of your striped when babys and adults would really help :)
also hes like this but a lot darker http://www.scserp.com/SCSPhotoGalleryRatSnakesFullSizeImages/StripedAlbinoCornSnakeBaby001.JPG
and about 10 inches long,how old would you say that is??
do they odten fade,/change colours from babys striped?
thanks

i know some stripes have a vanishing type thing go on where the stripes often partially fade. the baby you posted has red eyes so its an amel. and like all corns, babies change dramatically from hatchling to adult colors. and the colors often fade with age. you cant really tell how old a snake is by length or weight. 10 inches could be a healthy hatchling or a VERY underfed yearling. The best thing would be asking if its feeding and if it is its probably a healthy hatchling from earlier this year...
~kin

oh dear could she be saying its striped when really its just amel??
so if they have red eyes it could be different??
she said its feeding and they dont sell them till they have had 2 feeds?
she said its proberliy 4 weeks old?
gawd stressed here haha.
i hope she isnt just saying its striped.i think it had a few stripes all the way down.

I believe what he (she?) was trying to say is that the snake you linked is an Amel Stripe...Not that it's just an Amel. To identify the snake you're questioning, we would need a picture of it.

Do a forum search to locate pictures of different Stripes at different ages, you'll find oddles.

ok i will do in a bit thanks
so thats still a stripe, and it wil be a stripe _____ something haha?
i cant get a pic til i have the snake 2morrow? :)

well thats what it is striped,and i dont have a picture till iv got it tomorow,and i want to know what im getting haha.

welll like i say i cant the shop is shut now lol,and im getting it tommorow,im sure it wil be lovly though if not :s
the best i can do is ezxplain it,
its quite a dark red/orange with 2 main dark lines running down it then on the sides of him there are 2 finer lines. he was lovly,sorry best i can explain :S

If his belly is checkerless, he could be a stripe. If he has checks, then he is not a stripe.

and if he isnt a stripe what else could he be??
normal?? as i dont want a normal i want a nice bright coloured snake :D

Again, no one can positively identify the snake without a photo. Repetitively posting that you want to know what morph it is without providing a photo to identify the snake with isn't getting you any closer.

From your description I would guess that it is a Normal Stripe. But I will not say with 100% certainty it is or is not without a photo to identify him.

ok well thje problem is i dont want a normal :S what do normal stripes look like when older ? and if i go tomorow what else can i do to check?
are normal stripes the same as normals but stripy?

Run a forum search as I said in Post #4. Their are plenty of pictures available of all sorts of Stripes if you just take the time to do the research.

I'm not running a search for you (it's pretty simple, type in "Normal Stripe" and search specifically in the Photo Gallery). You're 25 years old and can do it yourself. Take the time to do the research. All the time you've spent asking for identification on a snake we can't see could have been spent looking up pictures of examples of the morph you're asking about.

on that website , it says striped is that what one it would be, i dont get all the different striped ones lol i know i must wound stupid

Back