• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suction cups not sticking

DLena

Corns are goram shiny!
This isn't a project, but you projecty people might be able to give me input here:I just bought and set up a used 5-tiered tower with back heat made out of hollow PVC. It works great. I have Gypsy and Lando, my two largest corns housed in it. They seem to appreciate the added room - a tad bit larger than the a 36" Neodesha cage.
The problem is that the suction cups for the vines will not stay attached to the walls. I thoroughly washed and rinsed... no residue.
Can I hot glue the suction cups to the walls and ceiling?
If YES, then I need to ask about attaching the vines. In the other cages, I hook the cups into the vine links and then close the metal hook with pliers. That way the snake won't be hurt and the cups stay attached to the vines when I do a total tank disinfect. If I glue the cups, then I have to leave the hooks open to remove the vines for cleaning. IS THAT A SAFETY ISSUE?
If this is a BAD IDEA, does anyone have a GOOD idea?
I REALLY need to be done with this setting-up by now.
I am soooo frustrated.
Please help... arrrrgggghhhh. :awcrap:

So I would use zip ties to hold the vines to the cable mounts and cut the zip ties when I do the deep clean? That would work! Thank you.

I'm doing this tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what works. Tomorrow will be my first free day in 9 days! I'm so looking forward to fun snaky activities! I've been stretched so thin with time I'm going through snake withdrawl.

Back