• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Suggestions for my girl (Crimson het amel)

SarahP

Crazy Snake Lady Trainee
Hey all!

As I've mentioned elsewhere, since I'm looking forward to diving into breeding in 2013, I'm trying to find the right boys for my girls. I've found a good 'un for my charcoal, but I'm still looking for Lilith.

She's one of Carol's gorgeous crimsons. She's het amel. She'll be ready to go in 2013.

As far as the 'reds' go, I'm a fan of Caramel bloods, cinders and strawberries.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Or any boys who are not 2012s? :)

Thanks!

Just will point out that a 2012 male could be big enough to go next summer if kept up and fed through the winter.

You might want to ask yourself want you want to get out of the breeding morphwise and how long you are willing to wait for this result. Anything other than breeding to another Crimson or an Amel will yield Normals with Hets. Which is fine if you are in for the long haul (2 to 3 years or more) or like to "roll your own" morph.
Carol's Miami's are some of the best out there. It would be a shame to dilute that line with any random project.

Terri

Thanks to everyone who's responded.

Terri, you raise a good point and it's one I sort of stumbled into while thinking, myself. I've been in contact with Carol and we shall seee... :)

you could just send her my way , i need a female crimson het amel. :crazy02:

ive got a male that is ready. Crimson het amel.

I have a few extra J M G line (original foundation stock) adult male Coral Ghosts, het amel. Just haven't gotten around to posting photos to sell yet. You could send her here and I could take the eggs, hatch them,

then post pics on my site and via phone we could figure out which are mine, which are yours, etc...

send her back to you with some of the babies, but keep in mind I'm up to my eyeballs in projects already, so I'd be sending them back directly OOE (out of egg) before even attempting feeding...

Or perhaps a pairing with one of the original salmon snow males would be good, since they're homo amel, then half the clutch would be amels,
half the clutch other stuff

We also have SMR salmon snows, poppycorns coral snows, and possibly by then the ACR registered hypostrawberry pinstripe motley will be up to size...
could even put her with an assortment of males for some very confusing results. many options to consider. all kinda depends on what goals you are shooting for.

My only contingency is that she is over 350 grams when she arrives here. I've learned the hard way not to breed undersize snakes, and she sounds like a fun galpal for the boys. I really wouldnt want to run into any complications.

Regardless, whoever gets her will have some fun projects ahead.
dave
cell 386.212.7343, even if just to discuss options-

Back