• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Sunny - late '05 amel

Snake_Charmer

Sunny was a christmas present last year from my dad.

Here he is a couple days after I got him-- Dec '05, 2 months old, 10.5 gm and approx. 14":
1167701980_sunny_05_12_27a.jpg

At 4½ months old in March '06, 21¾" long and 39.45 gms...Peek-a-boo!
1167702885_sunny_06_03_17a.jpg

May '06, 7 months old, 31" and 102 gms:
1167703455_sunny_06_05_30.jpg

And here he is now, end of Dec '06, 14 months old, 40" and 238 gm:
1167704532_sunny_06_12_28.jpg

Thanks!
Pauline
(aka Vivaria)

I love the way he anchors around your wrist. None of mine do.... sigh... just gogogogo.

Amazing how much yellow he's gained through the months and how all that white just disappeared.

He's a 'wrapper'...

Sunny is extremely mild-mannered and laid-back. Even as a hatchling he was very calm and easy to handle. Usually the biggest problem with handling Sunny is that he's a "wrapper"-- by the time you get one end unwound, he's got you by the other end. Now that he's bigger, putting him down can be quite a challenge!

Almost forgot the belly shot:
1168228632_sunny_06_12_28_belly.jpg

and this is about as unwrapped as he gets usually :) :
1168394287_sunny_06_12_28d.jpg

It was really cool to wait for each shed to see how much he'd change...a few sheds were quite dramatic. The last couple sheds haven't shown much change so I think he's about hit his adult colours now.

Thank you both!
Pauline
(aka Vivaria)

Haha...funny you mention it...I not only forgot to post belly pics, but also always forget to take them. I just took another look at the pics and checked my records--the bulge in the belly shot one is dwarf hamster. :)

(Note: I don't recommend handling after feeding. I only took one quick pic & Sunny is used to minor handling after feeding because his viv is on another floor of the house from where I feed.)

Pauline

WOW,,did I read that right ??.From 4 1/2 to 7 months,he grew 9 1/4" and almost tripled his weight ???.Man I wish I could see that kind of growth with my snake,but I doubt it.
Whats your secret ?? :cool:

Very pretty Amel. He colored really nicely, and with an amel you just never know. Sweet! :cheers:

Droptines said:
WOW,,did I read that right ??.From 4 1/2 to 7 months,he grew 9 1/4" and almost tripled his weight ???.Man I wish I could see that kind of growth with my snake,but I doubt it.
Whats your secret ?? :cool:

Yes, I checked his records and those are the right numbers. My snakes are fed based primarily on weight. Right now Sunny gets one 22-25 gm mouse (a young adult, not quite full size) or dwarf hamster every 8 days.

Pauline

Back