• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Surprise Boot Keys Clutch!!

Congrats on the awesome clutch Nanci! I can't wait to see the pippies. I am amazed she was gravid at that size but I guess you can blame that on the island roots in her. I had my Pewter do a similar thing this year where I was feeding her one day and noticed she had about 9 surprise eggs in her. I had bred her this year and got 18 eggs in April but she decided to double clutch on her own.

Well, at least I knew she was up to something, so I had time to prepare for a clutch if she actually was gravid. It would have been very sad to find dead eggs dried up in her bin. She was such a good little mommy, all curled protectively around them!

Very nice Nanci, glad all went well. That locality stuff is getting more and more interesting to me. You wanted some more eggs to incubate anyway, huh?
Congrats
John

Phoenix is the proud daddy!

Look at my little momma, having her post-lay snack!!

Attachments

• Scarlett Post-Lay Meal 002cr.jpg
    Scarlett Post-Lay Meal 002cr.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 10
Congrats, Nanci! We acquired a couple of boot key babies last year, unfortunately we never could get them to eat mice and had to return them. Looks like you're having better luck, though! I wish you all the best.

Thank you! Both of these are excellent eaters. I was told that the whole clutch ate pinky mice right away, although a couple needed anole-scented mice once or twice.

Congrats, Nanci!! You desurve a bit of good luck to come your way! Also, I'm sure Scarlett will recover quickly with you as her care taker!!

Back