• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tank question for full-grown adults!

James_pie

I have a 3 year old, who I'm planning to breed next year. She's getting quite big and I've decided to buy her a new home. I just wanted to know at this age, are they required bigger cages, due to stress of not having adequte space? At the moment, she's housed in a 40 gallon which I think is plenty. I just want her to be happy :)

This is a corn right? Sorry, you didn't say so I was just double checking. A 40 gal is plenty of room for an adult corn. If you do go bigger, make sure to add more hides and ground cover to help her feel secure in the large environment.

My 6 year old, rather large corn, is housed in a 40L and even he requires lots of hides and foliage. Before I just had 2 hides in there, thinking "he's big and doesn't need much". Not true! I noticed he was burrowed most of the time but as soon as I added another hide and a bunch of fake plants in, he's very very active and out most of the time,now.

Back