• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Butter Stripe Line..

Rich,

Is the Nikkor Micro lens MADE by Nikon ? And what is flash mode ? I have alot to learn about photography, but am very interested in it. Just one more HOBBY to add to the rest of the ones I have.

Thanks for sharing some of your secerets to great photography. I'm addicted to your photos.

Thanks again.

Stephen Howard

Heck, I don't know. I've always used "Nikkor" and "Nikon" interchangeably when talking about the lenses. If you want to read up on the various Nikkor/Nikon lenses available, take a look at this page -> http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

Flash mode is pretty much what it sounds like: Using a flash during taking photographs. Generally the shutter speed is fixed, so you have to adjust the exposure via the aperture size. This is pretty much handled automatically by the camera these days, though, so you really don't have to think about it too much.

One term you should become INTIMATELY familiar with if you plan to shoot closeup photos is "depth of field". Knowing how best to work with this topic will make or break your photographs. With closeups, the widest depth of field you can get is what you want. That means small aperture, which in return means more light needed to compensate for the slower shutter speed the small aperture forces for a proper exposure. Which is where flashes come into play. Good closeups with good depth of field just need lots of light.

The good thing about digital cameras is that experimentation to learn your camera won't cost you an arm and a leg in film developing. Plus you can get immediate feedback to the setting you are experimenting with. When you think about it, compared to 35mm cameras, the new digital revolution in cameras is actually saving you money, no matter how much you spend on your gear. The money you save on film and processing that you would have had to spend with a 35mm is FAR more than your digital camera costs you.

Have fun!

Rich

Thanks for sharing the photography information. I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. Can't wait to see the next round of baby snake pics.

Take care,

Stephen

Back