• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The day from H***

mrweaw

Branching out into geckos
I had planned on a nice relaxing Sunday...I should never plan anything again! As it turns out, it ended up being the most hectic and stressful day I have had in a long time. I live in my Grandmother's house with her and my son. The people who used to own our house were...lets say odd. I am pretty sure they were growing Marijuana in what is now my bedroom. My room consists of two rooms actually. When you walk into the first room from the hall you are walking into my animal room. To the right is another room separated by a partial wall which I use as my bedroom. Well when we moved in, my animal room had a funky home made closet in every corner of it, very odd. We ripped out those closets and put in a real closet in my bedroom. Where the closets were the carpet had been removed for the walls. We patched part of it but by the time patching time came one of my racks was already over one of the spots. No biggie right? I can't see it. So here we are almost a year later and I go to offer one of my babies their first pinkie. This little snow het lav took a flying leap over the side of the container and onto the floor. where does she head? Under the rack. Ok, no biggie, I'll just remove the bottom shelf and get her. It is only once I remove the shelf that I remember the carpet. She is no where to be seen...so she must be under the carpet. This is obviously not good for a number of reasons. So I get out my flash light and look under the carpet the best I can. No snake. I then carefully disassemble the rack so I can get a better look...no snake. Things are going from bad to worse as my son and his friend want to help. A sweet idea, but the last thing I need is two loud boys stomping around o the carpet. So I send them off to play and consult my Grandma about what to do next. After a bit of discussion we decide that the carpet is cruddy anyway and not good in such a room...so I cut a long slit in it to try and find the snake. Still nothing. We move the second rack and pull back the carpet to reveal a very frightened little snake, YAY!! So I have the snake, but the carpet is totaled. Next weekend I am going to have the pleasure of laying linoleum in my animal room. It will be better and easier to clean in the long run...but what a day!

Just had to vent! :crazy02:

Heh ..... it's always fun when one of them gets away from you isn't it. Smallest, most inacessable point in the room? .... they'll find it. :rolleyes:

Still, you got her in the end so alls well that ends well. :)

(And you have perfect motivation to fit some nice new flooring now as well)

Back