• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The garbage can snake

yellowbellyhippy

PaganVeganHippie!
So I got the snake today that I had mentioned who was left out in the trash (ALIVE) and in the aquarium. I don't think it is a corn snake like the folks had said. His head is smaller, he is tan and pinkish brown with stripes running down length wise. I will post pictures tomorrow ( I need to get a new camera tomorrow)
To me, it seems like a garter. With just a description does anyone have a suggestion? I fed him tonight....he is small and eats pinkies. He also seems very docile.

Anyways, would love opinions! Thanks!

Lengthwise stripes sounds like a garter but tan and pink does not. I don't know Tara without a photo it's hard to say.

Kudos on the save, and it sounds like a friendly, good eating snake, so that makes it all the better. That's a very noble deed to care for him, and I can't wait for pics.

I considered becoming an animal cop (like the ones on animal planet lol) But I figured I would end up beating the (u know what) out of the animal abusers. I can't believe the things people do to animals. Glad the little critter will be in good hands. Post pics when u can.

Sounds like a garter, but the color is off for a garter, and a king. Post crappy phone pics if you have time I'm sure someone will know:)

I took a pic on my phone....the screen is cracked and I can't see much on it but texted it to my husband to email me so I could post it but his district manager is there and can't catch a break to do it. If anyone is willing to send me their number I can text the pic to someone who could possibly post it.

texted a pic to someone so hopefully there can be a pic soon. If not, Im buying a new camera tomorrow. I hope I don't have some deadly cobra on my hands or something! ;-) haha

Pic

Here is the phone pic. I tried to make it a little better in PhotoShop. I love modern technology (when it works right) glad I could help yellowbelly :D

Attachments

• trash snake.jpg
    trash snake.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 74
It is a really bad pic... But it sort of looks like a rosy boa to me. Try google searching for images to see it matches.

I had the same thought as Jenne. It looks a lot like a Rosy Boa to me too! From what I've heard Rosy Boas are pretty easy to care for. I know there are a few members here with Rosys, so they could assist you easier than I can. :)

Rosy boa. A pretty one, too. They don't get any bigger than corns.

It;s definitely a rosy, and they don't even come close to getting as big as corns in terms of length, though they will most certainly weigh more...

Way to go Tara, Rosys are great snakes. Read up on them a little they really are nice snakes. I used to have several and really liked them.

Back