• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Little Cobra That Could: A Drama

She got in a big fight on another thread "I hate you ACLU" was saying some ugly stuff and then she asked to be banned and threatened to break a rule if she wasn't so dean banned her. the whole thread is ridonculous. Anyway that's why.

wow, I guess nobody should handle a garter anymore. Your numbness was you freaking out. You saw blood and and thought you were poisoned. If thats true then they should be listed as venomous. How many people do you see in the new that die of a garter snake or any other than I listed? Do your research. And show me some facts...

o.k. tell me about it. I`ve never heard of anyone dying from a bite from a garter snake or any other snake besides the ones I listed. Prove it. Lethally?

Google it, look it up. Its a fact. And no ones ever died from a garter or hognose because they very weak venom plus they have a very poor delivery system. Hognoses have rear fangs so they have to chew in order to inject venom and garters inject venom in a similar way to gila monsters were it sweeps in the wound as the animal chews. Their bites might not kill but they do have effects on people including swelling, numbness, and pain. Also it varys from person to person. This person here was chewed on by a western hognose.
dscf1128.jpg

She got in a big fight on another thread "I hate you ACLU" was saying some ugly stuff and then she asked to be banned and threatened to break a rule if she wasn't so dean banned her. the whole thread is ridonculous. Anyway that's why.

ah okie lol thanks

wow, I guess nobody should handle a garter anymore. Your numbness was you freaking out. You saw blood and and thought you were poisoned. If thats true then they should be listed as venomous. How many people do you see in the new that die of a garter snake or any other than I listed? Do your research. And show me some facts...

The snake is only a foot long and there wan't any blood and the bite didn't hurt at all. After about 5mins I got a pins and needles feeling in my finger, and 10mins after that I lost most feeling in that finger and it stayed like that for a little over an hour. Then I slowly started getting feeling back in my finger. Like I said its incredibly weak, some people have more of a recation to it than other. I only got a numb finger, I've seen pictures of people whos entire arm swelled up.

the guy was an idiot to let him chew on him.. corals have rear fangs too and can kill...

Corals are actually front fanged and they are part of the cobra family. The difference between garters and hogs vs. corals is that corals are extremly venomous while the venom from a garter or a hognose can be compared to a bee's.

I`ve never heard of anyone dying from garter bite. Poisonous and venomous is the same thing.. Do you think a rattlesnake is less poisonous than a garter in the U.S?

I`ve never heard of anyone dying from garter bite. Poisonous and venomous is the same thing.. Do you think a rattlesnake is less poisonous than a garter in the U.S?
Now I think it's you that needs to do your research.... Look up the terms then look up the snakes... ;)

Poison you have to ingest, venom is injected. So as far as I'm concerned neither garter or rattlesnakes are poisonous;). yes no ones ever died from a garter bite but in theory if one was highly allergic to a garter's venom they could die just like a bee sting can kill someone whos allergic to bees. Also read this page. It talks about how hog and garters are infact venomous.
http://www.anapsid.org/duvernoygland.html

.. I hope you recovered from you bite. I have been bitten countless times from more snakes than you can imagine. from banded watersnakes which hurt very bad and look like cottonmouths, and pygmy rattlesnakes which made my hand swell. Mean western prairie snakes to boas and pythons.Not to mention the wild corns and yellow rats that are so prevelent in my area.

Garters ARE in fact poisonous, due to the food they eat in the wild....
Like poison dart frogs are poisonous in the wils and harmless in the viv....
Research is a wonderful thing isn't it :0

Garters ARE in fact poisonous, due to the food they eat in the wild....
Like poison dart frogs are poisonous in the wils and harmless in the viv....
Research is a wonderful thing isn't it :0

Oh wow, never thought about that but it makes sense. One of the few animals where you can say its poisonous or venomous and still be right lol!

I'm not going to eat a garter snake just to test that out...
It has to be a wild one, Nanci....
As far as I know only two snakes have been proved to be poisonous, you have one and Japan has the other....
You also have an extremely poisonous newt for that very same reason.....

I did and I apoligise for the coral snake. Yes the have fron fangs but very small and need to chew to get the venom in.. I have caught a few. They are slow and don`t bite unless you step on them or provoke them

Back