• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The most awesome snake in the world?

The most awesome snake in the world?

• venomous

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • non-venomous

Votes: 57 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snakewispera snr

The Devils Advocate
I was wondering what other members deemed awesome. what is the most awesome snake in your opinion. Is it sheer length(the retic-burms-afroc) Is it venom(vipers cobras) Is it scales/pattern (morphs-pines-balls) Is it all three or non of the above.
The reason for the poll is to see how people think of awesome,only two choices, so an explanation of your choice is required.
And yes, even your snake can be awesome(O.K. George). Just vote an tell me why?
I'll kick off
I think the most awesome snake in the world is
THE KING COBRA, I cannot explain how awesome this snake is to me. It's got it all massive size 18ft. Too much venom. stunning colour. Awesome scales. This guy can sit 6ft off the floor hood up (1ft across) an look you straight in the eye.
A friend of mine has a number of excellent snakes but its the king that has my utmost respect.
IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/snakewispera/DSC00378.jpg[/IMG

I voted nonvenomous because I guess I'm thinking in terms of a pet, and I wouldn't want a venomous pet-
My all time dream pet snake is a Woma Python, but I'll be waiting some time to pick one up.
A very close second would be an Indigo snake..

coolest snake to me is the black mamba...i don't know why..but that snake is just pure awesome...I guess because of it's bravery..It won't really run all the time..It will face it's enemy head on...Not many snakes would do that...but then again I also like the Green tree python...to me that snake is the most beautiful snake I have ever seen (don't get me wrong my snakes are beautiful to!!)..But yea..those are my choices and my reasons..Quite honestly though..I love all snakes so it's hard to choose.. :0) :grin01:

tom e said:
I voted nonvenomous because I guess I'm thinking in terms of a pet, and I wouldn't want a venomous pet-
My all time dream pet snake is a Woma Python, but I'll be waiting some time to pick one up.
A very close second would be an Indigo snake..
Try not to think of snakes as pets for this. Just what you find awesome. colour size etc lol
p.s. indigo good call

I kind of have a joint choice of three for this - I can't really pick which is most amazing in my mind.

Brazilian Rainbow Boa - for sheer beauty this snake wins hands down against most anything. So vivid and shimmering.

Anaconda - I'm fascinated by anacondas. I think it's their size, and because they've sort of got one of the worst reputations in the snake world - most people have heard of them and most I've met seem to regard them as horrible and fearsome beasts. I think they're beautiful and their sheer power is amazing. I would love to have one one day, but many many years down the line of experience.

Third on my list is the venomous Death Adder. This snake just fascinates me. Not sure why exactly, even, but it's one of my favourite snakes.

i voted for non venomous because of there power. in a way venom is cheating :grin01: they just inject their victim and it dies. with non venomous they constrict their victim and use pure strength.
my main decider was the fact that there are so many non venomous snakes that are on my top 10 list and i don't like the idea of keeping a venomous pet.

lee :cheers:

I think my dream snake is a blue phase green tree python *drool* They are sooo awesome!

snakewispera snr said:
Try not to think of snakes as pets for this. Just what you find awesome. colour size etc lol
p.s. indigo good call

Lol, sorry, I guess I don't really know that much about snakes otherwise. The only snakes I've spent any time researching were those I've kept, those I've encountered, and those I want to keep!
I've definately got a really soft spot in my heart for gophers and Pacific rattlers, just cause those are the two I used to find locally as a kid... But for some reason- they don't make me think "awesome."

If you mean awesome in the sence of commanding great respect and with concern for your safety, than I'd say whatever is the biggest. Would that be a Retic. or an Anaconda?
Nothing like the fear of being just plain eaten- even if it is irrational.

Boelens Python.. Dream Snake.. i WILL own one..
There Size, Power, and Look..
nothing beats it!

The biggest problem is there so rare in captivity and breeding is hard as hell.
and i wont buy WC

Damien is awesome.

but some people think awesome is bad? were english, we kind of make words mean different things from what they actually mean lol..

so just to clear, awesome is good :p
Edit: sand boas are awesome too!! :D

This may sound sick.

The Burmese Retic Python. Because to them, we are on the bottom of the food chain.

Their stealth, their strength, their length and body size and their audacity to TRY to eat a human amazes me.

Burmese and retics or burmese-retics? as in both snakes or the hybrid "bat eater" python. Bat eaters are really cool.

My vote was non-venomous. A snake I can't pick up and hold is not a snake I want.
I'm going to vote for Brazilian Rainbow Boas ( :cheers: Plissken)
Amazing iridescence, amazing pattern and amazing strength. For their size they are probably the strongest snake I've ever held. :bang:

Second place: Reticulate python. Beauty and size together. :bowdown:

Third place: Corns Snakes. So many colours, so many patterns, amazingly calm and blah blah blah, you guys know why. :grin01:

The Memphis Zoo recently lost their 15 foot King Cobra to cancer. That was one impressive snake. You just looked and it and said, "...AND it's venemous!", but for my money, this female albino retic from Prehistoric Pets epitomizes the word "awesome".

BigAlbinoFemaleKS.jpg

Pet Corn Snake said:
Damien is awesome.

but some people think awesome is bad? were english, we kind of make words mean different things from what they actually mean lol..

so just to clear, awesome is good :p
Edit: sand boas are awesome too!! :D
Awesome isn't bad Its a defining moment ,a realisation, A bottom releasing moment. A point in time you never forget , The smells the sounds that feeling in your stomach, things that drag you back to a primeval instinct ,awe inspiering..........get my drift
This is my guy
DSC00378.jpg

but as some of you picked two
My second choice is ....LOL

Well, it was a tough choice - because there are many great snakes out there, but I had to go with non-venomous. More of a awe inspiring kind of snake as opposed to a AHH inspiring kind of snake.

I respect the venomous, but I am more fascinated by the larger constrictors. There isn't just one I can name - because they are all beautiful in their own way. The best though, regardless of what type of snake it is - is pipping babies. There is nothing cuter then seeing that nose peek out of the egg for the very first time! (or in the case of the live bearers, the moment of birth) I could look at pippy pics for days on end - or stare at the ones in my incubator for hours on end (wish they'd hurry up!)

Jenn

Back