• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Station Nightclub, 10 years ago......

starsevol

Cohabbing is cruelty...
One of the saddest nights this town has ever known. 100 lives were lost in a building that used to be Papa Brillos restaurant in the 1970s, where my dad would sometimes take us to eat on a Saturday night. For a brief time it was called The Filling Station, and then The Station nightclub. I had been there myself to see John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band......

I did not know anyone who was lost personally that night. But I did listen to a local radio station and one of my favorite DJs died that night. He was called Dr Metal. The station has a mix of his favorite Metallica song dubbed with his voice from when he was on the air. I am sure they will play it today. I still get shivers when I hear it.

At 11:07 tonight, I will be remembering those lost.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 51
Oh, do I remember that night. How horrible that must have been for those poor people.

Oh, do I remember that night. How horrible that must have been for those poor people.

It is right down the road from me, less than 3 miles away. I had fallen asleep on the sofa in front of Seinfeld and if it was not winter and the window was open I would have heard the sirens....and possibly more.....

Back