• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Timing Out

Joejr14

Grand Bubble Burster
Anyone else just have issues logging on here for almost an hour? It's been sporadic throughout the day. I can log onto a bunch of other sites including Fauna, but it stalls on this one....

?

Yeah, I know. These damned server problems are going to be absolutely the death of me yet.............. :bang:

I'm glad it wasn't just me then...what a day for it to happen..the day I was trying to get some photos up from my first outside photo shoot..lol

Yes, I too have been having problems, I couldn't even get the index page up to log on, for the last 3 or 4 hours, but I'm on now. I even got family members to try on their computers and they couldn't get the index page up either :shrugs:

Edited, I was still typing when Rich posted, I know I type slow :)

Good luck Rich, hope it gets sorted soon.

Yeah, I know. These damned server problems are going to be absolutely the death of me yet.............. :bang:

S'okay, Rich. Don't stress.
(I slow-cooked some nice ribs in my smoker/grill, worked on my wife's seatbelt retractor in her car, did some laundry while I waited.)

This has been happening to me quite a bit, but it happens on my own server as well. I don't know what causes it. Rich, how often do you reset yours, if you don't mind my asking? I think that might be the trouble with mine. They're truly a pita.

I try to remember to reboot the servers every month. But sometimes I do get busy and forget. I guess I should write a routine to run under cron to do it automatically, but that's just something else on my TODO list, I guess.

In this case, I don't believe it was caused by simple garbage clogging the server that needed a reboot to clean out. I had a similar problem on this same server just 5 days ago. I'm thinking I need to be looking for a new server host sometime soon. Got the guy who helped me out with that DDoS problem on FaunaClassifieds looking into something for me.

I just switched to ahost.biz They're ok, much better than the other server we were on last year. We're thinking of switching software, though. We have a lot of young kids that like more "bells and whistles." :nope:

Back