• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

to susan and the rest

Your thread was removed because it was a "Come look at my site" thread and those are not allowed per Rich's instructions. You were given a link to that site rule. You made no mention of the reasoning behind your new website, just that you had one. I didn't even bother going to it as the actions I needed to take as a moderator are clearly lined out for me. Now if you were to change the topic of your thread to something like "Revised Buf Info" or something and then give a brief description about what can be found when we follow the link, it will stay.

Your thread was removed because it was a "Come look at my site" thread and those are not allowed per Rich's instructions. You were given a link to that site rule. You made no mention of the reasoning behind your new website, just that you had one. I didn't even bother going to it as the actions I needed to take as a moderator are clearly lined out for me. Now if you were to change the topic of your thread to something like "Revised Buf Info" or something and then give a brief description about what can be found when we follow the link, it will stay.

Ok following the rules

Let me try to explain, Jan.

First, as Susan said, Rich has a rule about "Come Look At My Site" threads. This is a sticky in General Chit Chat.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19963

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
In short, please don't post them on this site. They contribute nothing to this site I have set up here, and it sort of insults me when people come and post here solely to try to draw off people to their own website. If you have a new website you want to advertise, then I DO offer paid banners here and on my other sites you are welcome to take advantage of.

Such threads will be unceremoniously deleted whenever they are found, so please don't waste my or your time posting them.

Yeah, I know. You are thinking, well HOW am I going to get people to know about my website? Yep, that's a problem. One I face with every new website I put up. Generally speaking, you have to PAY for exposure and traffic these days. That's the only thing I have found that seems to work, but even then, it does take a long time before traffic becomes appreciable.

Sorry.

Okay, so you _could_ buy an ad for your site. 50 cents a day!! Very cheap advertising. Those are the ads you see at the top and right side- the nice banner ads. You set up an account and pay for the ad with PayPal- very simple. Here's the address: http://www.faunaads.com/ads/index.php

And/or you can make a link to your site in your signature, like this, that would go at the end of every post you made:

Jan Notté- Slangenbroed
Specializing in Buf Cornsnakes!

If you have a contributor membership, ($25/year) you may also have a small banner in your signature. Look at mine for an example.

If you have a personal forum, as many of us do, down at the bottom of the home page here, it is okay to have a thread in your forum to link to your personal website and to post notes that you have updated that site. The cost of a personal forum is $25/year, in addition to the contributor membership.

If you need help making a signature (in the User CP section) I'd be happy to give you instructions.

Let me try to explain, Jan.

First, as Susan said, Rich has a rule about "Come Look At My Site" threads. This is a sticky in General Chit Chat.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19963

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....
In short, please don't post them on this site. They contribute nothing to this site I have set up here, and it sort of insults me when people come and post here solely to try to draw off people to their own website. If you have a new website you want to advertise, then I DO offer paid banners here and on my other sites you are welcome to take advantage of.

Such threads will be unceremoniously deleted whenever they are found, so please don't waste my or your time posting them.

Yeah, I know. You are thinking, well HOW am I going to get people to know about my website? Yep, that's a problem. One I face with every new website I put up. Generally speaking, you have to PAY for exposure and traffic these days. That's the only thing I have found that seems to work, but even then, it does take a long time before traffic becomes appreciable.

Sorry.

Okay, so you _could_ buy an ad for your site. 50 cents a day!! Very cheap advertising. Those are the ads you see at the top and right side- the nice banner ads. You set up an account and pay for the ad with PayPal- very simple. Here's the address: http://www.faunaads.com/ads/index.php

And/or you can make a link to your site in your signature, like this, that would go at the end of every post you made:

Jan Notté- Slangenbroed
Specializing in Buf Cornsnakes!

If you have a contributor membership, ($25/year) you may also have a small banner in your signature. Look at mine for an example.

If you have a personal forum, as many of us do, down at the bottom of the home page here, it is okay to have a thread in your forum to link to your personal website and to post notes that you have updated that site. The cost of a personal forum is $25/year, in addition to the contributor membership.

If you need help making a signature (in the User CP section) I'd be happy to give you instructions.
Ok i get it but i don't wont to advertice the only thing what i wanted was share something without bringing the hole story again on this forum and get the discussion again.It was just ment for people who follow this and my question was did i do it wright

greatings

Jan

It looks like you followed the guideline Susan set out perfectly.

I only suggested making a signature, with a link, so your site would be easy to find if anyone wanted to, with every post you made.

All the instructions about "legal" ways to advertise a website are for the benefit of others as well as yourself.

Back