• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Too Large of a Prey Item?

Susan

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
I honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to take photos with my left hand and only my left hand, but surprisingly, I can if given enough time, and Cherubim, my dilute Sunkissed, wasn't about to let go of his newly caught meal no matter what it did or where it went (I had to show the entire family just how cute he was).

I was hoping he would eventually let go by himself as I didn't want to hurt him, but when my finger started to go numb, I had to start prying him off. When I got to that last coil, he did let go, but only in an attempt to get an even better grip! Luckily my finger was out of range and I had his pinky very handy to give him a more appropriately sized meal.

I just hope he outgrows his overly aggressive feeding response before it actually starts to hurt. One Sunkissed with a nasty attitude is enough, thank you very much!

Attachments

• Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom.jpg
    Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - close up.jpg
    Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - close up.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 2.jpg
    Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 3.jpg
    Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 4.jpg
    Cherubim Dec '12 - Nom Nom - 4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 161
Aw, how cute! I had a flesh taster just last night, I love the ones with a strong feeding response.

I believe the general rule for size is no bigger than 1.5 times the thickest part of the snake. Please do not attempt to feed yourself to your snake again, if it somehow was successful, there would be a lot of negative press we corn snake owners would take.

In all seriousness though...I absolutely love the pictures.

Adorable! That's one baby that'll never go hungry if he can help it! I hope you had some bite remedy ready afterwards, for the shock :)

Well, gotta aim high I guess ;) Obviously he's not seeing himself as a cornsnake so much as a 'lean, mean, killing machine' :D

Back