• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UK Breeders, a quick question...

Neil

What do you keep your hatchlings in? Do you keep them in those small, clear plastic containers, the sort of things you get crickets in? Where do you get them from? Just wondering because I'll hopefully be breeding next Spring. I know it's a long way off but I wanna be sure of everything before I brumate the snakes. Thanks for the help.

My local reptile shop uses cadbury boxes for their hatchlings. They also sell them. They come in 2 sizes; 22cm*12cm*8cm which cost £3.45each and 28cm*16cm*10cm which cost £3.75each. They do mail order if you're interested. their site is www.reptilecentre.com

Thanks but I'm thinking more along the lines of the cricket boxes I mentioned before. £3.75 is a lot to spend if you need to buy around fifty of them.

hatchling boxes

hi neil.

I use the plastic boxes that chinese take away comes in, my local sold me 50 for five pound.

hope this helps mate.

steve

yup chinese boxs are great. If you use your head and you have a nice repitle near you they will often collect cricket boxes back and give them to you if you are going to sell s few of the babies on to them :)

Off course the real secret to having enough boxes is not to give them away when people come to buy your corns :) something i just cant seem to master LOL

P.s dont woory about boxes its water dishes that will do your head in :D

I'm planning on breeding next season (providing this female doesn't escape too!). We've already started collecting chinese take away boxes and have been offered cricket boxes from the reptile shop (I'll be selling a few to them so they are being quite cooperative!!)

As for water dishes, how about using the little tubs you get from the chinese take away that are used for sweet n sour sauce and such like? God, chinese food is so good on so many levels! Looks like I'll be eating take away for a while (pity) :D

i use most of the following hope it help,
4 pinta milk bottle tops,
pop bottle tops,
any small lid,
if they keep getting knocked over then use a bit of bluetack

Thanks everyone. It's a shame curries come in those foil tubs instead of plastic ones- I'm more of an Indian guy than Chinese :D I'll look into it.

hey neil

you dont need to buy take away

i just went in and asked if they would sell me some tubs,i paid a fiver for 50 with lids (bargain).

steve

cool

Hey-
Guess what, your thread helped me too, I was gonna ask the very same question... I was also going to suggest and ask if those little plastic containers you get from the grocery store work? The ones that they put the salads and fruits in... at the deli center? Just an idea. Smile and good luck.
:p

boxes and bowls

try your local poundstretcher
i found a pack of 4 small lunch boxes with tight fitting lids
for a quid drill some holes in it .......ideal as for water bowls their
are many things you can use i was fortunate at work we use plastic bungs which go into the ends of metal box section
these are brill because the base is bigger than the top so it will not spill.
use your imagination its all out their on the cheap..
Tom

Back