• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Updates on Bison

HVani

He is really getting some color! Last weight was 3/17 at 77g. He hatched 4/17/14 so he's almost a year old.

When I first got him
little1_zps705de870.jpg

From today, he did NOT want to cooperate. He knows it's feeding day.
bisonmarch1_zpsfqhzswy5.jpg

bisonmarch2_zpsmlycodcw.jpg

bisonmarch3_zpstdqfgczo.jpg

bisonmarch4_zpsgx096tlp.jpg

Wow he looks like a completely different snake!
That is insane how much he changed.
He's so very beautiful!

He's grown so much!

How is his temperament? Our Extreme Okeetee from Don is super sweet. Our Amber from Don is quick-moving but that's about his only problem.

He's was a little flighty yesterday but I think that's cuz it's been a while since I got him out. Usually he's very calm and confident. He reminds me of a boa as far as temperament.

Beautiful Classic! He's also got that.. special kind of head pattern that lots of corns have.. :grin01: :sidestep:

It's a heart :mad::roflmao:

Thanks for the kind words. He is such a looker. I would buy from SMR again in a heart beat.

We Are Snake Brothers!

Hellow snake brother! Its a small world indeed. :)

My SMR Extreme Okeetee with the same birthdate has seen the same color shift as yours. He was 27.5" in February 2015. Great temperment and eats like a champ.

4YkFWOb.jpg

V31QHEZ.png

DYOH8Mt.jpg

I've been tracking his environment since I got him which you can see in the image below. Whenever its too hot, cold, or not humid enough I get alerts to my smartphone.

3xgOeE0.png

I hope my baby looks like that when she is older. She looks just like yours did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 33
New weight and length measurement

Hrm can't edit your own posts? Drats. I was going to fix typos and clarify some things on the earlier graph image I posted...

• The avg values are all wrong as I changed how it should handle nil values and its including them in the average when it shouldn't. I should change this to minimum values.
  • The gap in infromation was caused by a power outage corrupting the filesystem of the raspberry pi collecting stats. I'm working on a new version and trying to address some reliability issues.
  • I'm not measuring ambient humidity which is usually %35-40. I have a humidity+temperature (center) probe in the plastic tupperware hide.
  • The spikes in hide humidity is usually when I notice my okeetee is going into shed and I wet the spaghnum moss inside the humid hide. The rapid dips in hide humidity can also sometimes be from when I'm in there cleaning and moving things around inside this humid hide. :)

Its pretty cool to find a snake sibling over the internet like this. I decided to get a recent weight and length measurement. My okeetee was just fed 2 days ago and I haven't seen a poop yet so the weight probably includes some water and food.

qF78Bss.png

qx29laH.jpg

105 grams and 30.1 inches measured with a software method that likely is not the most reliable but I've found it to be ballpark'ish degrees of correct.

Today it was sunny and around 65 degrees so I brought the okeetee outside for 15 minutes or so to crawl around in the lawn and climb on the bark of a fir tree. I recorded video of it (though we'll see if I process/upload it anytime soon) and have been uploading other vids of my okeetee and do have a web image gallery as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHo-JXrPuxk&list=PLpgeJqMpBchOoBTghcfmHDAE7vRUoXhAv

http://gallery.technoendo.net/index.php?/category/325

So cool!! It's awesome to see one of his siblings.

I've been meaning to try that measuring program.

Bison is in shed now but just went into his clear phase either yesterday or the day before. I'm hoping he sheds today so I can get some nice pictures before I feed him.

He's still under 100g but that's because he is still on fuzzies. Just using them up before I move him up. Then he should catch up :)

Back