• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Upsetting Snake Video

I've seen a few videos of non-venomous snakes eating prey like this live. While yes, there are much more humane methods, I find this extremely interesting. WHY does the snake eat the prey live? Does it sense the prey is harmless and does not need to waste energy killing it or something?

I've seen a few videos of non-venomous snakes eating prey like this live. While yes, there are much more humane methods, I find this extremely interesting. WHY does the snake eat the prey live? Does it sense the prey is harmless and does not need to waste energy killing it or something?

I think its like if you feed bigger snakes a live pinky, they just gulp it down, they know it can't hurt them I believe.

At the same time, I feel like touchy issues need to be discussed, and hopefully the press it receives will spur action. It's circular reasoning to say that publicizing an unsavory issue will popularize it, so we shouldn't try to change that unsavory issue at all. All action begins with discussion (hopefully).

This is a herp forum, and the issue was herp-related, and deeply disturbed me. I'm sorry if this has upset anyone; I meditated on posting it here for quite a while until I finally did. I should have attached a disclaimer, and I'm so sorry I didn't.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything! Eric's comment just reminded me of a comparison where Jon Gosselin is concerned...

Back