• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very political!! Don't read if easially offended. (please)

KINGSRULE

I have a friend who joined the clan. And I dont know what to think. I have read alot about them and their their thoughts andd opinions. I am curious to see what you all think. I know this is a touchy subject but I wanted to get peoples opinions! I don't have a view but I ws curious of yours so if you read this please respond. ((BUT NO FIGHTING)) I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET OUT OF HAND!

I only posted this here bc I know we are all mature and we are adults. I know it has nothing to do with snakes but it had been bothering me and I know there are many people on here that would have opinions!

By the clan I'm assuming you are referring to the KKK(?)

To which I will simply respond that I have zero respect for them.

I too have zero respect. They come across to me as fundamentally "broken" mentally, intellectually, and empathetically.

Well I sure wouldn't be friends with anyone in the KKK. It would be an impossibility in both directions. And I wouldn't even be friends with anyone who was friends with anyone in the KKK. There are things I can't tolerate in friends, and bigotry is among them. I also have no respect for people who won't make a stand and walk away from friendships with people who've announced that they are bigots.

I have never said I am not going to walk away but this kid is like family so I just want opinions please don't look down on me!

Well I sure wouldn't be friends with anyone in the KKK. It would be an impossibility in both directions. And I wouldn't even be friends with anyone who was friends with anyone in the KKK. There are things I can't tolerate in friends, and bigotry is among them. I also have no respect for people who won't make a stand and walk away from friendships with people who've announced that they are bigots.

Yeah! Exactly!!

I have never said I am not going to walk away but this kid is like family so I just want opinions please don't look down on me!

I haven't. I only said that I wouldn't be your friend if you still considered him a friend (not that that should matter to you at this stage--my statement was more of a hypothetical). I have walked away from family for a lot less than that. I have high standards; I have relatively few very, very good friends. But I'm ok with that, as the friends I have are very, very good.

I haven't. I only said that I wouldn't be your friend if you still considered him a friend (not that that should matter to you at this stage--my statement was more of a hypothetical). I have walked away from family for a lot less than that. I have high standards; I have relatively few very, very good friends. But I'm ok with that, as the friends I have are very, very good.

I just brought this up bc I was confused about the whole situation! I know how I should feel I have very few true friends and he used to be one!

what really gets me is there has been 81 views on this thread but only a select few that have given their opinion which is kinda scary!

Andrew I am just not quite sure what you hoped to gain by opening this thread... did you really believe you will get an actual discussion/argument with -support- for the KKK?
I doubt that people will openly claim support on this forum, and even if they do it'd deteriorate quickly to places it shouldn't...

Can't see the benefit here...

what really gets me is there has been 81 views on this thread but only a select few that have given their opinion which is kinda scary!

well...you said yourself. its touchy. I feel for you, as you seem to feel like your between a rock and a hard place. you obviously care about this person, and i suppose the fact there is a problem shows you disagree.

You've neglected another side of this, just by assosiating with this person, you are now connected. this is a dangerous place, it opens you up from both sides. people you know may react in a similar way to desertanimal and no longer want to associate with -you- because of this assosiation.
everyone is aware of the opinions of the klan, so i dont even need to touch the reasons why they are dangerous with a ten foot pole. not a stable group of individuals.
this affects you, your family and the safty of all involved.
anyone who would bring that to your family perhaps does not care about you folks as much as you seem to care for them. thats harsh comming from someone on the internet that doesnknow you from any of the other words on the screen...but you did ask for opinions and that is mine.
you cant help your friend. they've made their choices. you need to make the right choices for you and your family...and i dont think that being a known klan associate is in anyones best interest.

that being said, perhaps you should talk to someone in your community, that may provide more of the guidence and support that your looking for.

If there are any members here who approve of the group (I certainly HOPE not!), I doubt they would openly support it here - they would be very lonely!

If I found out a family member was involved with that sort of philosophy, I suppose I could still be civil to them. And I would probably have a long discussion with them about it, to see what is going on in his or her brain! But I am afraid I could no longer respect them, or feel on the same "wavelength". So a really meaningful relationship would probably not be possible. But a superficial relationship (such as getting along at family gatherings) would still be possible for me, as long as they didn't try to push their agenda. But I would be very disappointed to find out about such an affiliation concerning anyone I cared about.

RosieReal pretty much summed it up.

But I'd like to ad that you don't have to disown them completely, goodness knows that people change their minds over time. Maybe just keep in touch enough to see how long he stays in the clan. But other than that, keep a safe distance. It won't be easy since he's so close to you, but for your safety and the safety of those around you, it's for the best.

Yes, I do agree about the safety and reputation of associates concerns. I would pretty much only associate at family gatherings (holidays, etc). Maybe he will mature eventually and come to his senses, and you may be able to patch up the relationship then.

Part of me thinks that such a close friend would have shared some of their inner hate at some point, and I would question one's reaction to it. Do you denounce these beliefs to them? Does this person accept you denouncing them? Or do you turn a blind I to this extreme form of hate filled discrimination, and let this distorted way of thinking live on?
I would not judge you for your affiliations, though I do have my doubts about the label being a "close friend", as I am very outspoken to these forms of hate, and one who believed in that sort of cultish ignorance would certainly not consider me a friend.

On the other hand, I have nothing to lose, and I am in no danger of letting the exposure of discrimination spoil myself, or my convictions. So I would be hesitant to let this person build up justification for hate, by making myself come across as the one filled with hate and self righteousness by alienating them. I would actively try to change this person's mind, because removing a positive presence from this person's life might do more harm for them, than good for you. You have sway, and I would hope that you could stand up for history, and the future of prosperity, by being an active influence in changing this persons mind.

As for ignoring the elephant in the room, or being civil... well, I could not ignore the conversation. We stand on the shoulders of those who have died fighting for equality, and to let discrimination live, especially in the hearts of those we love, would be a horrific way to affect change. Even family wouldn't be a tall enough barrier for me to accept prejudice and bigotry, and I would hope that you can be strong enough to make the right decision.

Back