• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Visionarium" advisable?

hm.. I wouldn't think that the bottom would melt from the UTH, but it is possible. I would have to say wait for some people with this kind of cage to comment. I know some people use home-made vivs made out of thick plexiglass. (I think that is what it is)

A UTH should work fine, even though the bottom is plastic. 80-85* isn't hot enough to melt it. Just looking at the link, I think it would work fine for anything but a corn hatchling. Sometimes sliding doors are the perfect escape route for a little corn.

OH NO! Keep the idea of stackables away from me! I might end up with more than one snake! LOL.

Seriously, tho... those look really cool. The description says glass on all sides. I would take that to mean the bottom too. But maybe a call to the manufacturer to clarify.

I think it would work fine for anything but a corn hatchling. Sometimes sliding doors are the perfect escape route for a little corn.

Oh, good GOOD point. I'd have to seal up the center, which would kind of defeat the purpose of sliding doors. Chad is a sly little dog. Snake. Whatever. ;) He's small enough to manage it I think.

Keep the idea of stackables away from me! I might end up with more than one snake! LOL.

It's too late for me. SAVE YOURSELF!

Oh...this set-up looks very interesting. I, too, would like to hear if anyone has had any experience with this viv. or owns it. The price seems good, and they're STACKABLE! ^-^ If the bottom is made out of glass I'm all for it! =)

Oh, good GOOD point. I'd have to seal up the center, which would kind of defeat the purpose of sliding doors. Chad is a sly little dog. Snake. Whatever. ;) He's small enough to manage it I think. It's too late for me. SAVE YOURSELF!

You can easily reduce the gap between the two glass doors by having a glass shop cut you a 1/2" strip of glass with the thickness slightly smaller than the gap. Glass super glue will "permanently" affix the strip to the door.

I modified a Vision cage like this when a milksnake I had was found stuck halfway out of his cage. Fortunately, I was able to pop one of the sliding glass doors out without injuring the snake... :) Alternatively, a strip of wood or felt would perform the same function, albeit not as aesthetically... ;)

Dan

I have a couple of them and they work fine. I wasn't too worried about the snakes sneaking between the sliding glasses... BUT, I did find out the hard way that they're able to sneak up into the railing ABOVE the sliding glass doors. So what I did was insert a dowel that fit nice and snug above the glass and have had no problems since then.

I don't think they're appropriate for the biggest of corns, but from hatchling up to fair size, they work great!

Ohhhh.... the bottoms ARE susceptible to melting, but if you have a thermostat set up properly, you shouldn't have any problems. Be careful about heat build up as stacking can increase the amount of heat in the upper stacks... esp. if you have a light strip (which I do) between the units.

Back