• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Viv project!!

Yea I saw some of those cabinet lights at Walmart for like 10 bucks, I might get one and see how well it lights this up and then maybe get another. I really appreciate the deplores from everyone it has been pretty helpful.

at this point all i need to do is buy the acrylic for the doors, working on sealing it this week :) excited to get it done and start saving for a snake

There are screws that have a flat top and will recess some when you screw them into the track. That will not interfere with the glass sliding. Tell the guy in hardware at Lowe's or Home Depot what you are doing and they will be glad to help. I don't think the track was meant to be glued, that is just not a good permanent solution. You can also get infomation on how to install from the manufacturer of the track.

Alright, I'll see if I can get to home depot today or tomorrow. I didn't think glue would be a very good choice but I wasn't sure. I don't trust the people at the hardware stores here lol every time I have asked them about stuff they just kinda look at me funny. Thank you for your help!!

I found screws that will work laying around the house, yay less money to spend!

Good news: I can probably finish this week (if I can get the acrylic for the doors)
Bad news: I will no longer have something to keep me busy and I will have a really cool cage but I can't get a Snake to put in it, at least not yet, I'm working on that though lol

Pictures Finally

I kept forgetting to take pictures and the ones I did take I kept forgetting to post so before I forget here are some pics, they were all taken on my phone.

After the coats of sealent before I did the background and branches

522221_4063565666015_1704345168_n.jpg

After the Great stuff foam cured and I carved it up (stuff on background is some moss I had to figure out a better way for it to stick after this though cause none of it stayed very well haha)

480346_4069280888892_307561628_n.jpg

I also made a tree hide by wrapping PVC in was paper and then spraying great stuff over that, slid off quite nicely, though because I got too eager and took the pvc out befor the foam finished curing it expanded some and the wax paper is now stuck in there.

60184_4069281008895_521285584_n.jpg

After decorating and sealing everything a few times

283585_4070819527357_2122023869_n.jpg

In this tree I created a top area so the snake can hang out up there, The cloth part is fabric wrapped around screen so I can remove it and clean it if i need to, there is a solid part underneath to keep it supported. Not sure how it will work out but we will see.

29805_4070819167348_666418854_n.jpg

photo16.jpg

Also, I used stain to color the foam, i let it dry for a day and a half and then I sealed everything on.

the last thing I need to do is get the acrylic for the sliding doors :)

I'm Done!! :D (pics)

I am finally done though I need to figure out some handles of some sort so it's easier to open the doors. Let me know what you guys think :) also for pictures for during the build there are some a couple posts back :)

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

It looks great! Very nice job.

Only suggestion.. If you plan to use bedding (aspen or whatever), you might want to add a litter dam so it doesn't spill out and clog the track. :)

Thats cool i might make somthing like this one day hay were you get the fake leafs at and how much i been pooking and i found some but thay want almost over 10 bucks for it

I got mine at the dollar store :) and if you do use great stuff foam I suggest checking walmart first I bought some at home depot for like 5 bucks and when i went to walmart it was only like 2 dollars

Back