• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vlad Update! With questions...

Sacred_Nightmares

Only slightly crazy...
It's been a little while so I thought I'd put a few new pictures up of the little guy.

Again, though, I have more confusion as to what the heck this guy is!! He was sold to me as a Fire, but has the color of a Hypo blood but red pupils? And pied sided? x____o It's killing me not to know!!

At this point, I'm thinking Hypo pied fire... hahahaha ahh I'm so confused. :rolleyes:

Outside on a rainy day playing in puddles.
DSC00259.jpg

Here's a picture of his eye. See how there's color and it's not TOTALLY red like an amel?
DSC00454.jpg

But here it's more than obvious that he has red pupils like an amel...
DSC00473.jpg

If you look carefully in this picture you can see darker pigment around his saddles... like a hypo...
DSC00465.jpg

He's such a handsome boy and I want him to be my first breeding project because of his diffusion. It just helps to figure out his genetics first. hahaha!

Thanks in advance for any help and/or comments. :]

That black on the tail shows 100% that he is NOT a fire. He's lovely though, and definitely looks pied-sided! And Hypo can cause ruby colored pupils.

Thank you everyone!! :] I appreciate all the kind words and help with identification!!

And thanks Shiari. I didn't know that Hypos could have red pupils! Thats new news to me! ^__^

As already mentioned, Vlad is definitely NOT a fire. What he IS will take breeding trials to determine. He may be a hypo blood...but WHICH hypo? Since he was confused with a fire upon purchase, I'll assume that he had fire siblings and the breeder expected fires in the clutch. Considering his appearance and the ruby eyes (hypo A CAN have that color eye, but it's not commonly that light from what I've seen), I'll say a more likely possibility is ultramel. You are going to have so much fun determining his exact genetics!! And have you talked with the breeder about Vlad's questionable genetic background?

Susan: Yes, I have asked him, but he produces so many bloods that he's unsure as to which clutch he came from. I'm actually really excited to begin testing Vlad out a few years along the line to other corns and see exactly what pops out and what genes appear. I would really like for him to be even Het for amel because I love bright bright snakes. The breeder also said he may be het for anery too?

Oh gosh.. if I had a snake with hets for snow, hypo, and blood this would be one heck of a fun clutch of eggs. xD

I'm in the same boat as you. My little guy was sold as a hypo blood but has red eyes. His eyes are not like an amel but a different shade of pink and they are not like a hypo either, it's odd lol. Your little one is beautiful, can't wait till he is bigger to see what he produces.

Thank you! I don't know what to call Vlad... but I totally can't wait to get to the point of testing his genetics for his homo and het traits. :D :D :D

Back