• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Weight Chart?

Renigaed

Hi guys, is there such thing as a weight chart for corn snakes based on their age? I have a 2.5 year old male corn and I would love to find out if there's a chart out there that I can compare his weight to based on his age.

Thanks for your help!

There is no way to predict the size of a corn snake anymore than you can predict the size of a person. Just as some kids are bigger than others, and some adults may be 4 feet tall and weigh 90 pounds and another adult may be 7 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds.

A full grown corn snake can be anywhere from 3 feet to 6 feet long and weigh between 300 grams and 1000 grams. A newly hatched corn snake can be 4 inches long or 11 inches long.

Snakes seem to grow at different rates. Partly because of genetics, feeding schedule, and environment.

Your snake is what it is, and to compare it to mine or somebody else's is sort of silly.

All right that makes sense, thank you. I didn't think it was a silly notion, however, because I didn't know that.. but thank you anyway.

Hi Renigaed! Karl is right ... all snakes are different. But you are also right ... there are no silly questions if you don't know the answer. Always ask. Also read through this forum and look in the FAQ section and read the Stickys. There aren't any silly questions unless you want to know if it's okay to sit on a lawn chair in the middle of Times Square in swim fins and a TuTu while eating a cantaloupe. That would be silly.

Back