• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

WELL SURPRISE!!!!

joltiana

Pixi stix
my corn snake laid 14 eggs the other day and I didn't even know she was pregnant heres what the eggs look like tell me what you think?

since that day the ones on the top of the others got like deflated parts on them
even tho its nice and humid and proper temperature what could be wrong?:dancer:

Attachments

• 258706_10150325779323943_680098942_9920290_2983272_o.jpg
    258706_10150325779323943_680098942_9920290_2983272_o.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 135
Has she even been with any males? Also what are you keeping them in for incubation medium? Could be a lot of things. If you candle them (small flashlight) do you see veins?

this is what the eggs look like now im worried there is lots of humidity and warmth :(

Attachments

• IMG036.jpg
    IMG036.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG037 (1).jpg
    IMG037 (1).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 97
jol...

If they're not already, keep them in a sealed container like a tupperware with a snap on lid. Try to keep the temp around 80 degrees if possible.

It still looks like the do not have humidity constantly...i.e. an enviroment with no air drying the cloth they are in. Ideally, see if you can get some vermiculite from a lawn & garden store. Just search the site and you can learn how to set it up. <smile>

i had them with paper towel before I can't really afford to get the vermiculite right now
and they are in a container with with a snap close lid with good heat is there another way to incubate them without getting the vermiculite stuff?

I don't want to be rude, but how are you going to care for your hatchlings if you can't afford some vermiculite? Hatchlings cost a lot more than only food, you also need to have drinking bowls, tubs to put them in, heat, and so on.

About your eggs: they look dehydrated to me, so there has to be something wrong with your incubation. How does the tub were you have your eggs in looks like? How wet is the towel and how is the heat? (in temperatures)

these eggs are only 3 days old and as for the vermiculite cost we are going through some financial issues once those are resolved of course all necessary items for care will be provided for the babies,

I have them in a small tupperware container will a blue twist on lid the heat is fine and there is alot of humidity and the cloth is wet but not dripping wet which I changed to a piece of cloth under the eggs for cushion and paper towel around the sides so the cloth wouldn't be absorbing lots of water.
I was reading about the eggs and mine kind smell bad and the ones deflating are going a light yellow color does that mean they are dead or not fertile?

but how are the temperatures exact? how many degrees? Are there holes in the container? If so, how many and how big?

You can put a damp paper towel on top of the eggs, maybe the eggs on top can't get enough humidity.

temp is at 82.4 and no holes in container
I have tried the paper towel on top of the eggs but nothing changed

Instead of putting them on a towel (like youve got in the picture there), have you tired putting shredded news paper or shredded paper towels in there?
I mean, burrying the eggs inside the shredded paper towels and making sure it stays nice and humid there could help.

Also make sure the humidity is high enough.
Just reading threads here ive learned that you need a relatively high humidity for cornsnake eggs to thrive.

Also.. if you cannot afford vermiculite (which is only about $10 at our local store here), how can you afford heating, cages, food and other immenities for the babies once they hatch?
Im not trying to be rude, but I hope you have all of your things organized and ready for those babies once they hatch.

Eggs don't need vermiculite. You can use many different substrates for incubation. Another popular choice is to use marbles with a little bit of water under them, so the eggs don't touch the water.

The eggs look dehydrated, but they could simply be slugs. Keep the moist paper towel over them.

Back