• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

We've got pipping!!!!

jmayer0708

2 out of 8 eggs started pipping last night. they just came out of their eggs after about 12 hours for one and 22 for the other one. Only took 54 days for them to start hatching at 82-85 degrees. The mom is a normal unknown het and the dad is a charcoal. Corn calculator said that all the babies should all be normal and 50% het for charcoal.

Attachments

• 100_0527.JPG
    100_0527.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_0522.JPG
    100_0522.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_0520.JPG
    100_0520.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_0523.JPG
    100_0523.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 142
Thank you! They dont really look normal to me but they might be to young for me to tell. Im used to breeding boas and pythons, this is my first corn snake clutch and i know they can or will change coloring as they grow and shed. I just figured they'd look more "normal" lol

Yes, those are normal hatchlings. They color up a great deal. Also if dad IS a charcoal, then all the babies will be 100% het for charcoal. If dad is only HET charcoal, then the offspring will be 50% het.

They'd have to color up a lot from looking they way they do now lol. Dads 100% charcoal but when i put it in the corn caculator that way it said the babies would only be 50% het for charcoal. Im trying to understand the whole genetic side of breeding and making morphs but theres so many morphs now for corns its hard to keep up. Like charcoal and anrey. Looks like the same snake to me lol.

Congrats on the babies! Mine are on day 59 and I keep them at 82 degrees. I did the corn calculator, mine said 100 percent normal and 50 percent het for anery, hypo because the male is a ghost, they don;t have silver queen ghost to choose from so I just did the plain ghost genes. and also dont know if the normal female is het for anything. So it should be interesting to see when they start to stick their cute noses out of their eggs.

so far 3 are out and cruising around and one pipped this morning. just waiting on the last 4 to pip. Im trying to load so new pictures on here but every time i try it wont work. I resized the pictures but they wont load so im gonna try later tonight and see if it works then.

heres some more pictures. still waiting on the last 4 to pip

Attachments

• 100_0532.JPG
    100_0532.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0534.JPG
    100_0534.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_0536.JPG
    100_0536.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 103
Gorgeous babies! Yes, the Normal babies are brown like that. They will lighten up & the ground color will start to fill in.

Whats the difference between a anrey and a charcoal? how do you tell them apart? i know theres 2 types of anrey, a and b. one has yellow on the lower jaw and neck and the other has no yellow at all. ive looked at pictures of a anrey and charcoal and i dont see a difference

ok after reading up on the differense between anrey and charcoal, this is what ive come up with. theres anrey type a and type b. type a has yellow on the lower jaw and neck. type b is what people call charcoal. theres usually no yellow on these at all but sometimes as they mature they can get some yellow so you cant really go by the yellow. the only way to tell the difference for sure is by the eyes. anrey's have a grayish to silver iris and charcoals have a black iris. so after looking at mine, which has a grayish iris, its a anery type a and not a charcoal. man thats confussing but at least i understand the difference now

That's pretty much raps that up huh? Yeah, it is confusing to tell the differences in many different morphs in my opinion so many of them resemble another or two or more and they just slap on a name and call it something different just from a slight difference, in pattern or color shade. I'm glad you know what yrs is now for sure though.

yeah it is very confusing and i agree. i think some people just say its something new to sell it for more lol. when i bought by caramel the pet store had it labeled as a yellow rat. i looked at the guy and sain no, its a corn snake. his reply was its a rat snake and its yellow so its a yellow rat. needless to say i dont go to that pet store anymore. when i looked up caramel corn snakes to compare mine to the pictures, there were 30 some pictures and they all looked different. some werent even yellow and that kind of stuff is what confuses me.

i started another post on here about the surprise i got on egg number 6. its a amel!!

Attachments

• 100_0539.JPG
    100_0539.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 30
Back