• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What does it take..

LittleNami

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of genetics in the parents it takes to create a creamsicle, and about how many generations? Ever since getting my little darling, I've been getting sparks of possibly breeding her in the future, but only if I know what I might be dealing with.

A creamsicle is a hybrid. A cross between a corn snake and a rat snake. I can't remember all of the exact details. Maybe someone will fill in those details.

creamsicle genetics

A creamsicle is simply a corn crossed to a great plains rat snake (emoryi). They used to be considered a sub species of the cornsnake, but are now considered their own species. If you breed your creamsicle to a corn, the offspring will still be creamsicles (or a "rootbeer" if the babies turn out normal and not amel). Anytime emoryi blood is present(even in small amounts) the snake is still considered a hybred and any potential buyers should be made aware of it. Hope that helped you a little. Good luck.
Scott

Hm hm hm, thank you for your replies, that does help me out quite a bit ^^ Actually, what I am concerned breeding is color, despite the hybrid factor, although that tidbit is very important if I do ever intend to sell the offspring. My real concern is that I am really interested in trying to acquire an anery motley. What is everyone's opinion on those two colors breeding? I want all opinions here, harsh even, since this will be my first try at breeding and I don't want this to be a waste of time or effort from my little Pavlushka.

Creamsicle X anery motley
100% rootbeers het for albinism, anery, and motley
(Or I think something like that, I'm not all that good at figuring it out with hybrids)

If you want to breed your creamsicle I'd recommend just to get another creamsicle

creamsicle X creamsicle
100% creamsicle

Hm, this offers up some issues now. First, what exactly does this "rootbeer" term refer to, just that her offspring are all hybrids? Another issue is that I love the darker colors of some snakes, like the motley and some ghosts and such. If breeding my creamsicle would lower her offsprings value since they are a hybrid, would it just be better to offer a trade between her for a breeding pair of pure cornsnakes? Thank you for bringing up these points for me, it really helps me lay this out for the future.

LittleNami said:
Hm, this offers up some issues now. First, what exactly does this "rootbeer" term refer to, just that her offspring are all hybrids? Another issue is that I love the darker colors of some snakes, like the motley and some ghosts and such. If breeding my creamsicle would lower her offsprings value since they are a hybrid, would it just be better to offer a trade between her for a breeding pair of pure cornsnakes? Thank you for bringing up these points for me, it really helps me lay this out for the future.
Rootbeer means that they are all hybrids. The rest of the questions are just up to you to decide

Check out www.vmsherp.com and look at their rootbeers, motley cinnmamons (hypo A corn/emoryi) and ghosts. You can make any combination of morphs using emoryi blood....though some people might not like it. I love it!! Here's my rootbeer (who looks especially emoryi more than corn).

Last edited:
Aw, such a cutey ^^ Thank you for the site! For a while there I was wondering if people would just outright not like the idea of rootbeers, but it still comes down to my options of if I want to keep her or trade for a pair -_- I guess that will come in time. Thank you both for your responses ^^

nothing wrong with rootbeers

I wouldn't trade her if I were you. There is nothing at all wrong with rootbeers. A lot of people on this forum own them including myself. I have a rootbeer and a creamsicle. Just to clarify, a rootbeer is an emoryi corn cross that has the "normal" color. A creamsicle is an emoryi corn cross that is "amel". If you breed an anery mot to her all your eggs would be normals het for anery, amel, and motley. That combo of hets could also give you a snow (homo for anery and amel). Now, if the anery motley you breed to her is het for amel, then you could get any combo mentioned above "directly out of the egg instead of having to raise the normal hatchlings and breeding them to get all those combos. I hope that made sense to you, I know I was a little confused when I first started learning genetics. If you want a really good place to get the "basics" of corn genetics, go to www.serpwidgets.com and link to the genetics tutorial. It helped me a ton when I first got going on corn breeding and needed a genetics refresher. Anyway, I hope that helped and you get everything all figured out. Good luck.
Scott

Actually, this helps me out a lot ^^ Thank you so much! In the end, I have decided to keep her and try to seek out an anery motley het for amel. If I can't find one, oh well, I will just get a regular anery motley. Hopefully they will take to each other's company well and I might get a good breeding pair ^^

LittleNami said:
Actually, this helps me out a lot ^^ Thank you so much! In the end, I have decided to keep her and try to seek out an anery motley het for amel. If I can't find one, oh well, I will just get a regular anery motley. Hopefully they will take to each other's company well and I might get a good breeding pair ^^
Snakes only like company when they're 'in the mood for lurve', so you'll need separate vivs until they're old enough to breed.............

Back