• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what size is best?

brownsfan222

Go Bucks!
i am wanting to buy a corn snake or two, and some various colubrids (that are same size as corns) and i was wondering what would be a good size bin for a rack for adults? babies?

I'm a new-comer to cornsnakes, so hopefully one of the seniors will add to/correct this ...

What I've found in my search for the right size tub is: shoebox size for babies up to about 2 ft long.

Other size containers I've found are "shirt" and "sweater" boxes w/ dimensions approximately 12x16x6 and 23x16x6, respectively. But about the only guidelines I've found for who goes where is that sweater-size is for small boas or large corns.

So, I'm still hoping to find what constitutes a "large" cornsnake. Can any of you experienced corn-moms or -dads out there offer some advice on any of those boxes (including the shoebox ones), please?

Shoe boxes for hatchlings. Sweaterboxes for juveniles. Underbed boxes for adults. The sweater boxes are too small for adults. I have a big boy adult who - know way - could fit in a 20L, which is recomended as a minimum adult size. I've put him in an underbed box for feeding, and thats about the size base of his huge aquarium.

Back